User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Tank Lever Stuck

We took our brand new Reflection 297RSTS out of storage yesterday to dewinterize and encountered a couple problems.
    The pull lever for the grey waste water seems to be stuck and won’t open. Has anyone experienced that before?
    Also, for those of you that camp in Ontario provincial parks, how do you fill your fresh water tank? From our experience at the fill station, the end of the water hoses are just cut off hose with no threaded nozzle to thread onto the fill port on the trailer.
    I am sure we will have more questions once we are able to actually use the trailer overnight somewhere.
    Chillier

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillier View Post
    We took our brand new Reflection 297RSTS out of storage yesterday to dewinterize and encountered a couple problems.
    The pull lever for the grey waste water seems to be stuck and won’t open. Has anyone experienced that before?
    Also, for those of you that camp in Ontario provincial parks, how do you fill your fresh water tank? From our experience at the fill station, the end of the water hoses are just cut off hose with no threaded nozzle to thread onto the fill port on the trailer.
    I am sure we will have more questions once we are able to actually use the trailer overnight somewhere.
    Chillier

Are you talking about the water at the dump station? If so I wouldn’t fill the fresh water tank with it, it’s usually non potable.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our experience with a lot of state parks they will have both potable and non potable at the dump stations and our well marked.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Our experience with a lot of state parks they will have both potable and non potable at the dump stations and our well marked.
    The OP was talking about provincial parks in Canada, a little different up here.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillier View Post
    Chillier
    Yes dump valves and cables do get stuck. If you search this forum you will find threads about this problem and some solutions. Most likely you need to take it back to the dealer and have the valve replaced.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are handy, you can replace the dump valve yourself. It's not terribly difficult, I've done 2 of mine. If it's under warranty and the dealer doesnt have a back log before they can get to you, then have the dealer do it. If they do the repair for you, ask them to use Valterra valves. The valves GD uses dont have replaceable cables whereas the Valterra valve cables can be replaced without removing the valve itself. Good if this happens again down the road.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If you are handy, you can replace the dump valve yourself. It's not terribly difficult, I've done 2 of mine. If it's under warranty and the dealer doesnt have a back log before they can get to you, then have the dealer do it. If they do the repair for you, ask them to use Valterra valves. The valves GD uses dont have replaceable cables whereas the Valterra valve cables can be replaced without removing the valve itself. Good if this happens again down the road.

Since you have replaced valves do you have any tips on doing it. I have a failed kitchen dump valve/cable that needs to be replaced. Might have a mobile repair guy to do it but that might not pan out. GD sent me a 3” Bristol valve and cable with glue on couplers for new construction. I assume I don’t need the glue on couplers. It looks like a straight forward installation but just a pain. Empty the basement, drop the belly cover, take the back wall out of the basement to access plumbing area, remove the cable and old valve, remove the new valve from the glue on couplers, replace the old valve, run the cable back through plumbing area and put it all back together. Did I miss anything?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Since you have replaced valves do you have any tips on doing it. I have a failed kitchen dump valve/cable that needs to be replaced. Might have a mobile repair guy to do it but that might not pan out. GD sent me a 3” Bristol valve and cable with glue on couplers for new construction. I assume I don’t need the glue on couplers. It looks like a straight forward installation but just a pain. Empty the basement, drop the belly cover, take the back wall out of the basement to access plumbing area, remove the cable and old valve, remove the new valve from the glue on couplers, replace the old valve, run the cable back through plumbing area and put it all back together. Did I miss anything?
    I think you got the basics. I bought a disposable tarp and tyvek suit to wear. I rolled up the reflectix insulation above the coroplast and then laid down the disposable tarp. You dont need to use new flanges, the Valterra flanges are the same size, make sure to use new seals. The biggest advice to ensure no leaks is to break out the sawzall, yes you read that correct. If you cut a straight line down and basically separate the manifold that connects all the piping you will be able to properly get the valve back together. I didnt follow someone else's advice to do this and my valve seal leaked. To repair the cut, use a rubber pipe coupling, it is made for non-pressurized sewer lines so it's perfect. I actually have 3 of these couplings because of how I had to break up my sewer manifold, but they work great and dont leak. Separating the manifold allows you to move the valves around to get the seal to sit correctly, it is a huge time saver, otherwise you will be wrestling with everything trying to get it all lined up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-182542_Lowe's.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	26699

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I think you got the basics. I bought a disposable tarp and tyvek suit to wear. I rolled up the reflectix insulation above the coroplast and then laid down the disposable tarp. You dont need to use new flanges, the Valterra flanges are the same size, make sure to use new seals. The biggest advice to ensure no leaks is to break out the sawzall, yes you read that correct. If you cut a straight line down and basically separate the manifold that connects all the piping you will be able to properly get the valve back together. I didnt follow someone else's advice to do this and my valve seal leaked. To repair the cut, use a rubber pipe coupling, it is made for non-pressurized sewer lines so it's perfect. I actually have 3 of these couplings because of how I had to break up my sewer manifold, but they work great and dont leak. Separating the manifold allows you to move the valves around to get the seal to sit correctly, it is a huge time saver, otherwise you will be wrestling with everything trying to get it all lined up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-182542_Lowe's.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	26699

Thanks for the info
    2020 Reflection 337RLS