User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to camping in our new Imagine 2800BH

New member from Colorado here. Picked up our new 2020 Imagine 2800BH. Taking it out on a short trip on Monday.

This is my family’s second travel trailer. First impression is that I am impressed with the build quality and features for the price. Only problem we have noticed so far is that the door is not closing properly when the main steps are folded down (catching on the threshold). Hoping for an easy fix myself rather than taking it and having the door replaced.

Mods I have in mind in the next week or so, and am searching this site for guidance:
    Maxxair or Maxxair II vent covers (x3)
    Battery monitor routed to the inside (probably bedroom)
    Solar
    Furrion Vision S7 camera

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	867762D0-0230-4A49-81D4-D7926A8DE618.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	324.8 KB 
ID:	26695

Happy camping everyone!
    Last edited by Travismd; 05-23-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Have you checked out the Victron BMV-712, it's a pretty popular battery monitor on this forum and has blue tooth so you can monitor everything from your phone or a tablet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tip. That monitor looks like it has everything!
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH
    Was pulled by 2016 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2l
    Now pulled by 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new travel trailer and welcome to the forum. The vent covers are probably one of the easier DIY projects -

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...445#post175445
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the 2800!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travismd View Post
    New member from Colorado here. Picked up our new 2020 Imagine 2800BH. Taking it out on a short trip on Monday.

This is my family’s second travel trailer. First impression is that I am impressed with the build quality and features for the price. Only problem we have noticed so far is that the door is not closing properly when the main steps are folded down (catching on the threshold). Hoping for an easy fix myself rather than taking it and having the door replaced.

Mods I have in mind in the next week or so, and am searching this site for guidance:
    Solar
    Furrion Vision S7 camera

Happy camping everyone!
    Welcome from another Colorado 2800bh owner!

What are the towing specs on your tow vehicle?
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar
    Furrion Vision S7 camera

Happy camping everyone!
    Not sure what kind of stairs you have. Mine are Step Above stairs on my Imagine 2600RB. Try adjusting the bottom feet up one notch so the stairs lower down a little more. If the stairs aren't adjusted right for your campsite/parking spot the door will catch on the threshold.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    Welcome from another Colorado 2800bh owner!

What are the towing specs on your tow vehicle?
    It is a 2016 Yukon with the 6.2L, integrated brake controller and airbags. It’s rated at 8,100 lbs, I think. Normally I wouldn’t get that close to the max, but have had good experience with this vehicle. Have also towed a lighter trailer with the 5.3L and no airbags. I find that the airbags in the rear suspension are very nice. But a 3/4 ton diesel would be preferred...Just a little too tall to fit in my garage at work.

How does your Silverado do with towing?

The 2800bh seems like a popular model and very happy so far. Seeing another one this weekend in my loop at a state park.
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours are Step Above also. Overall, I like them - nice and sturdy. Thanks for the tip. I also had to cut down a bumper on the bottom of the door. With that, and proper stair adjustment, seems to close better.
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a 2016 Yukon with the 6.2L, integrated brake controller and airbags. It’s rated at 8,100 lbs, I think. Normally I wouldn’t get that close to the max, but have had good experience with this vehicle. Have also towed a lighter trailer with the 5.3L and no airbags. I find that the airbags in the rear suspension are very nice. But a 3/4 ton diesel would be preferred...Just a little too tall to fit in my garage at work.

How does your Silverado do with towing?

The 2800bh seems like a popular model and very happy so far. Seeing another one this weekend in my loop at a state park.
    My Silverado does ok but a 2500 or 3500 would be a better choice for my situation. But I bought my 2018 Silverado and convinced my DW that it can tow our 2019 2800bh, on paper. So I have taken a few steps to improve my towing experience.

On my first long camping trip my truck was unmodified. I was completely satisfied on how the truck could pull and stop the camper (using tow/haul mode). The fuel mileage was not good, 6.5 to 11.5 mpg. Keep in mind that I keep my speed under 62 mph, as the speed rating on my Westlakes are 65 mph. I did notice that my truck was being pushed side to side when I was getting passed by semi trucks and other large vehicles. I also encountered some very high side winds on the interstate between Cheyenne and Denver that caused some severe white knuckling.

So I have replaced the passenger rated tires on my truck with some Michelin LT tires, this helped significantly with the side to side movement of the truck. I also installed some airbags on the rear of the truck, these helped minimize the bucking and it keeps the truck closer to level. Lastly I installed some factory tow mirrors, these made a huge impact on being able to see all around the camper.

I have used CAT scales to get my truck and camper weighed. Before I adjusted my weight distributing hitch the last time, I was overloaded on my trucks rear axle by 270 lbs. Keep in mind this was with the camper fully loaded, and full water tanks. My biggest limitation is that I am always right up to my trucks cargo capacity.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast