Scott single ply, works great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Best video about this, ever:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twQoVcZTaw

Also check out his videos about black tanks......

We've been using good ol Costco Kirkland for many years now. No issues.
    X2. We have a septic system and use only toilet paper that the system can accommodate. The "special" RV tissue is HIGHLY overpriced. Costco is just fine.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before but the search didnt really bring up anything.
    Is the special RV toilet paper really necessary? Or just household toilet will suffice?
    Thanks...
    Pardon my saying, but I think everyone is missing the real point here...

What toilet paper you use in your RV has very little to do with your RV sewer tank or how easy it will be to dump or clean. It has everything to do with where your sewage ends up. Most people don't leave sewage in their holding tank long enough for everything to completely break down anyway. Almost every RV park uses a community septic system that is essentially the same thing as a home septic system only with much, much more capacity, possibly without a septic tank (think cesspool). We have lived in the country for 20+ years with a septic tank and field. We were told early on to NEVER use anything but ONE-PLY toilet paper. Every five years or so when we have our septic tank pumped the guy says we are doing everything correctly.

All that being said, only one-ply toilet paper should be used in an RV. There are many different varieties and grades of one-ply toilet paper, but we have not found one roll that says "made for RV's" that we ever liked at all. We like and use Charmin Strong one-ply. During the silly hording siege a month or so ago we were able to find Scott Tissue quilted one-ply. It was nice also, but the Charmin comes in much bigger more economic rolls. Like they say, "Enjoy the go!".
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the Kirkland brand - no issues. I have also heard of using Dawn dish soap like @powerscol suggests as well.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generic has worked for us for years, and many different brands. We are currently using Seventh Generation in the house and when we run low in the rig I'm sure it will migrate out there too. Water while in use, and flushing the system is a must. Flush till clear is best, or at least mostly clear.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use whatever the last brand we bought was. I have a clear 90 going into the disposal and I can see that every time that I have dumped the tank, that there was been no large pieces of toilet paper making it out. The only toilet paper that we do stay away from is the Start Trek, John Wayne, and Hospital brands.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingwithTucson View Post
    We use Scott's 1000 sheet and don't flush down toilet. Keep a small, lined pedal trash can between toilet and linen closet for TP.
    Yes put the tp in a trash can and you will never have a clogged sewer line. We have been on the road seven years and the only time I think of clogged sewer lines is when I read threads like this one. We also do a lot of dry camping and have never had a problem with using minimal water in the toilet.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Toilet Paper

Quote Originally Posted by RLK436 View Post
    Scott single ply, works great!
    We have used Scott's single ply and it dissolves faster and better than the RV paper. Test it yourself because that is what I did.
    We have never had a problem in over 15 years of camping!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great indepth article about rv TP.

https://www.rvhometown.com/best-rv-toilet-papers/

Also, we use the Geo method before hitting the road after long term stays down south here in TX. Cleans those sensors very good.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123