User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: flat springs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuffsaid - Yes, Alcan built all four springs. I took one of the old ones in to them to match it. There is a greater arch and they are a lot heaver. They were $125 each so $500 over-all. They put better, brass bushings in. Took about a week. If you have wet bolts, the nuts holding them on are one time use so be sure you have the proper nuts (takes 3 per spring). Also, I had to drive the bolts out and in. Driving them out, I destroyed three of the bolts so have some on hand. I could not find any bolts or nuts in Grand Junction and had to order them from Performance Braking which took four days for shipping. When driving the bolts in - be sure and remove the zerts and pregrease them. Please let me know how you do. 5er sets level now. I did replace all the disk brake pads while I was doing this. If you do so -- use lock-tite on the caliper bolts.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dick Noble Any chance you could post some pics of the new springs? I replaced all mine about a year and half ago since some were starting to go flat. I couldn't find anywhere that had good quality springs in the size I needed so I ordered them from Dexter, my originals were LCI. It would be nice having a backup plan if these crap out at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try to post pics. I have never been able to do that -- don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I will try to post pics. I have never been able to do that -- don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Well, first you have to upload your pictures to the site, then select the picture you want to post. When making a post, click on the "Go Advanced" button on the lower right. Then scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments". In the next window click on the "Add files" button in the upper right, then the "upload" button. Once the picture shows up in your files, you can drag it to the box at the bottom and click "Insert Inline" button on the lower right.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the part - "upload your pictures to the site" that I have a problem with. They do not go anywhere.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the part - "upload your pictures to the site" that I have a problem with. They do not go anywhere.
    Another way is via this site http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can attest to that. My GDRV had two manufacturer defects when I bought it. The dealer said GD refused to repair one of the issues they deemed as cosmetic. I called GD and sent them pictures. They acknowledged the defect and advised that they had not seen pictures of it. The other defect was a leak that the dealer could not locate. When I called GD after 2 visits to the RC dealer, they diagnosed it over the phone and told me they would cover the claim. I still had to fight with the dealer here in CA to get it fixed. Dealers are the weak point in the GDRV ownership experience.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed the springs on our Solitude are flat. Contacted local dealer that we purchased this rig from. She said to send her pics for the axle tag and all four springs and they will contact Grand Design. Hope to hear from them next week.
    I had not been watching my springs close enough and they had all flattened until one broke. Lippert reimbursed me for the broken spring and roadside repair without hesitation. I ended up replacing all of them with a heavier spring. Originally had 3500# and I increased to 4000# springs. I haven't had a problem since and they hold their original shape (no flattening). I'm not sure who makes your springs, but contact the company directly; not through GD. Springs are very easy to replace. Watch a few videos, do it yourself, and you'll save some money.
    2017 Solitude 379 FLS
    2017 Ford F350 SRW

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have that problem when on Chrome. There was apparently some sort of update not too long ago that interferes with that. If I want to upload pictures to my file, I use Edge. Then, once the picture is in my file I can post them while in Chrome.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dick Noble, did your new springs end up being 8 leaves? I just replaced mine today, but I went with some 3500 lb springs by Libra from amazon. When I contacted a custom spring maker, they told me they would make me custom 4 leaf springs, and that didn't sound like what I wanted, so I passed. Unfortunately my new springs are made in china and the spring eyes aren't as round as I would like to see. We shall see how long these take to go flat! I am going to use the oem springs on my 2001 Holdiay rambler that has 5200 lb axles because I replaced the springs on it a couple of years ago and it doesn't sit up as high as I need to ride level with my truck.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast