User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: flat springs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuffsaid - I do not think the springs are 8 leaves. I'm guessing 5 or 6 and I'm sure there are the same number of leaves as the originals - just thicker. It is 22 out there now so I will not be examining them tonight. I will try to look at them tomorrow - if there is no more snow. I'm old, I do not like crawling around in the snow and cold.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuffs.aid - I went out in the dark, snow and cold just for you. There are six leaves

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentlemen, I just purchased a 2020 Solitude 372WB. I don't believe I ever had a flat spring(s) that I know of on my other two 5th wheels. What should I be on the look out for when this begins to happen and how did you identify your flat springs. I have always been a firm believer in preventative maintenance and frankly springs aren't that hard to replace nor are they that expensive.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I first noticed it because the 5er was leaning to the side with the frig on it. I looked under and could see that sides springs had a "W" shape to them. The other side were flat -- ie, no curve.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave Friday morning on a trip to CA to see my dad and we shall see how the new springs hold up. I took my oem Solitude springs and installed them on my 01 Alumascape because the 5 leaf springs didn't have the trailer sitting high enough for the trailer to ride level with my truck and I lowered the hitch to make it ride level and that was a bad idea because while elk hunting I kissed the bed rails with the front of the 5er and left a minor bulge on each side of the bed.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123