Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: flat springs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flat springs

Noticed the springs on our Solitude are flat. Contacted local dealer that we purchased this rig from. She said to send her pics for the axle tag and all four springs and they will contact Grand Design. Hope to hear from them next week.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design has denied my claim.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Did the dealer agree there's a problem?
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you contact GD directly? It's not unusual for dealers to say they were told "no" by GD. Even if they never asked GD.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 06-02-2020 at 03:11 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer agreed there is a problem. I trust this dealer. They would have made money on replacing the springs because I would have had to pay the labor. I will go to the Spring Works in Grand Junction for replacement which will include 8 leaf springs and blue Dexter equalizers all for about $1,100. Of course this will be the last time I ever sing the praises of GD.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer agreed there is a problem. I trust this dealer. They would have made money on replacing the springs because I would have had to pay the labor. I will go to the Spring Works in Grand Junction for replacement which will include 8 leaf springs and blue Dexter equalizers all for about $1,100. Of course this will be the last time I ever sing the praises of GD.
    Dick - GDRV has been pretty good about sending out replacement springs for broken and flattened springs even post warranty. This surprises me particularly if you worked with GDRV Customer Service directly at any point during this......which sounds like you may not have/chose not to.

No question here if you trust your dealer.......that's s/b good enough. However, we have seen enough things not meet the smell test in the past (even with highly rated dealers at times for whatever reason) where working directly with GDRV gets results. Sounds like you have moved on front this but contacting GDRV may yield a new story.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your replies and suggestions but I think I will go with Spring Works. They have done this type of replacement a lot and I have good recommendations about them. It might be as much as $500 more but I will get what I want.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your replies and suggestions but I think I will go with Spring Works. They have done this type of replacement a lot and I have good recommendations about them. It might be as much as $500 more but I will get what I want.
    I think going to the spring shop is a good move. You'll get better springs and have the choice of tweaking it a little bit.
    With a GD replacement you will be looking at dealing with this again in another year or so.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - I finally got one spring off and got it into Alcan Springs in Grand Junction to get 4 new, upgraded, springs made. I discovered that a bolt that held the disk brake caliper on had backed out and the pads had slipped and are totally worn out. I have all new pads ordered for all four wheels. Sure glad I decided to do this job myself.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Alcan Spring build your new springs in house? How much did they charge? Are they the same length, 25.25 inches, same arch or did they give you more arch? I am in the same boat and want a good quality set of springs.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast