User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which 2020 1 ton SRW would you choose?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ram 2500 Laramie

18 26.87%
  • GMC Sierra SLT

15 22.39%
  • Ford F-350 Laramie

34 50.75%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to Google where the big 3 make their trucks. It's fine to support made in America, just hard to find many 100% American made. Ram provides 1000's of jobs right here in the USA and I choose to help keep them working. It's still my choice and my opinion and by way I bought 11 Ford trucks in my business over 25 years. later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    Why would you support an Italian company (Ram) when you could support a company based here in the USA?
    On a side note, it always drives me nuts when I see a foreign brand car with military stickers or plates on it. I mean, if this country
    should support its veterans (absolutely), why shouldn't the veterans support this country?
    End of rant.
    Our Honda CR-V was built in East Liberty, Ohio, by American workers. I feel good about supporting them. Oh - it has my "US Army Retired" sticker on the back window, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    Why would you support an Italian company (Ram) when you could support a company based here in the USA?
    On a side note, it always drives me nuts when I see a foreign brand car with military stickers or plates on it. I mean, if this country
    should support its veterans (absolutely), why shouldn't the veterans support this country?
    End of rant.
    Really.....
    @BigSwick that has to be the strangest comment I have read on this forum

1) Free markets make it so there are 1000s of job supported buy companies that are not “American made” but it doesn’t mean AMERICANs are working their ********** off in those roles. I’ll support that.
    2) Veterans AND ALL Americans have certain liberties and rights afforded to them. Therefore it’s the 1st amendment rights by having a vet sport their pride (a veteran sticker), on a car that “free markets”, industries and our society has afforded.

The jobs that sticker on a foreign car supports is more important than how you feel about it I can promise you that.

Anyway just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being from the Detroit area I am naturally a buy in America type of person especially when it comes to cars or trucks. As stated there are many foreign auto plants here in America putting many Americans to work. So I don't see any problem buying foreign anymore. Even the car's and truck's that are made in America aren't truly made in America.Assembled in America would be a better description. Many part on anything anymore are made overseas. All the same I am still prone to buying domestic anything. That way the bottom dollar goes to an American company to be redistributed in America. In fact I have always believed in not only buying American but even buying products from your own state or community. That way the taxes raised benefit you better than going who knows where. I do like that manufacturing is starting to make a comeback in America. That means better made products and better access to products. Bonus is more work which benefit's everyone.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wound up buying a Ram 3500 Limited Mega Cab with the 6.7 HO and auto leveling yesterday. After driving a GMC Denali 3500 I came to the conclusion based upon the feel of the truck and the interior that I am just a “Ram guy.”

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye__a View Post
    After driving a GMC Denali 3500 I came to the conclusion based upon the feel of the truck and the interior that I am just a “Ram guy.”
    The interior of the higher trim Ram's are amazing.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I voted for Ford, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the big three. Pick the one you like and Rock On!
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best SRW Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Rye__a View Post
    We are looking to upgrade our 2017 ram 2500 Cummins Mega Cab to a 2020 1 ton crew cab SRW, and have been looking at all the options. If you could choose between the Ram 3500 Laramie, GMC 3500 SLT, or Ford F-350 Lariat what would you go with and why?

ETA: I made a couple of mistakes in the poll. It should read Ram 3500 and F350 Lariat. My apologies for any confusion.
    I believe you would be happy and could count on all three of the manufacturers trucks you listed through the first 5 years of ownership. It is when you start getting up in miles is when the cream comes to the top.

I was a tried and true Ford guy until the 6.0 Liter truck and Ford lost my trust. Also, having to remove the cab to do certain types of repairs and maintenance incurs costs and issues.

Chevy Duramax is an Improvement, but the complicated V8 design creates questions and concerns, as well as the
    The CP4 pump problems. And I know, Chevy has addressed the pump issue, but has not proven through time and miles that the new one will be better.

Dodge is a great choice if you stick to the 2018 model or earlier. The 19s and 20s have the pesky CP4 pump again and ask any Duramax owner what it cost them when that blew up.

Too bad you didn’t buy a 3500 instead of that 2500. You really have a great truck with a great engine and drive train.

Good luck in your quest. Oh by the way, I have a 2007 Ram 3500 Laramie Mega cab with a 6 speed manual. 225,000 miles. Totally stock, no upgrades power wise, and it’s the last year of the 5.9 HPCR. I believe it’s the perfect tow vehicle.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerjohn View Post
    I believe you would be happy and could count on all three of the manufacturers trucks you listed through the first 5 years of ownership. It is when you start getting up in miles is when the cream comes to the top.

I was a tried and true Ford guy until the 6.0 Liter truck and Ford lost my trust. Also, having to remove the cab to do certain types of repairs and maintenance incurs costs and issues.

Chevy Duramax is an Improvement, but the complicated V8 design creates questions and concerns, as well as the
    The CP4 pump problems. And I know, Chevy has addressed the pump issue, but has not proven through time and miles that the new one will be better.

Dodge is a great choice if you stick to the 2018 model or earlier. The 19s and 20s have the pesky CP4 pump again and ask any Duramax owner what it cost them when that blew up.

Too bad you didn’t buy a 3500 instead of that 2500. You really have a great truck with a great engine and drive train.

Good luck in your quest. Oh by the way, I have a 2007 Ram 3500 Laramie Mega cab with a 6 speed manual. 225,000 miles. Totally stock, no upgrades power wise, and it’s the last year of the 5.9 HPCR. I believe it’s the perfect tow vehicle.
    Thanks! As posted above, we wound up getting a 3500 Mega Cab.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you’ll be very happy with it.

So we just pulled out 311 out to camp this weekend. The climbs in and out were nothing to scoff at and amazing. Some of the steepest I have ever towed in some spots.

The 3500 did a great job. I was thoroughly impressed. The exhaust brake was more than enough to slow us down on the descents.

Anyway congrats on your purchase. Post a picture of you can. Let’s see this beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast