Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 22MLE purschase

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the forum, and put a deposit down on the '21 22MLE today.

I wanted to get opinions on purchase price. I live in Phoenix, Az , wanted to buy local to support our states business during these uncertain times. I came to $26,900. I think for this area that is a pretty fair deal. I did see some further back east for 25k, but I do understand freight comes into factor.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome. After years of casual shopping, that's the one we settled on. Just waiting to take delivery which is taking a little longer because of the virus.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought ours last Nov. It checked off several items we were looking for and really like the openness and number of windows.

Find a dealer with a good reputation for service and follow up, hopefully they’re local especially when having to return for service, but good service/good price combo may lead elsewhere.

Good luck and enjoy your new trailer!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tigger 1,

I wanted to stay local, as I've kinda seen horror stories in forums of out of state buys going to the bottom of the list in terms of service. This particular dealer as a forever warranty included in cost (No additional charge) on major components which I factor in. The openness and multiple seating hit the button for us.

Thanks and enjoy yours as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I think you got a great price and buying local is always a plus when it comes to warranty items needing fixing. In NM there are only two GD dealers, ABQ and down south in Las Cruses. Unfortunately supply and demand was not in our favor when we bought last October. Our dealer couldn't keep the 22 MLE on the lot. I did get them to throw in 2 vent covers. I think you will be very happy with the 22 MLE. Just make sure you do a thorough PDI when you pick up and have them run the water pump to see if there are any leaks. The water connection to the back of the toilet was not connected and had to clean up the pink anti-freeze.

What truck are you pulling it with?

All the best and stay safe.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chief T,

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. Im pulling with a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax 6.6l.

How do you like it so far? Is it pretty easy getting in places with it? I love that its only 27' with spare tire. It has such a nice open feel to it. Any other tips or input feel free to message me.

Thanks and be well!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in lake havasu city so no local dealer for us. We tried all over the west including all of Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Nevada and California. We got the best deal on our MLE at Blue Dog in Las Vegas last December for $24,000 plus tax, license, etc. They beat everyone, except Novato, CA ( same price) including Little Dealer, little prices in Mesa by thousands. Also they gave me two batteries, full propane tanks, and additional warranty. Being in LHC, vegas is closer for me than Phoenix anyway, so it works out. So far they have been great to work with.

I pull mine with a 2014 F150 supercrew cab fx4 with towing package, 3.5 ecobost, V6. Last week went to Flagstaff with the TT going from 500 ft to over 7,000 ft on some long steep hills and had no problem towing at 65 mph. Also had a bad side wind at times. So your 2500 will have no problem whatsoever. Great trailer, no issues so far. Enjoy!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for the input. Yeah we love flagstaff, building a place up there so we are going to store it in garage. Good to hear you like it, and tows well.

Obviously with covid the RV industry is in its prime. The majority of dealers I looked at locally were up in the 28,500 range and more, plus tax, licences, etc.. Ill check out bluedog, but my only concern is the horror stories I hear of when you take your TT to a dealer for warranty where you didn't buy it. Will see what happens.

Thanks again!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally understand the service concerns, but my understanding with grand design they dont put up with poor service from their dealers. So i wouldnt let that influence your decision. If they want you to buy from them, then they need to meet the price. Las vegas is farther to ship to than Mesa from Indiana so no excuse on Mesa meeting any price in the west. Just my opinion, but Mesa claimed to meet any price when i dealt with them and they fell thousands short and wouldnt budge. Just trying to help.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its funny you said that, one dealer in texas said the same thing, and just talked to a guy from Blue dog, he is getting a price for me, and said that as well. It seems that grand design really backs there customers, as well as they are selective with their dealers. Thanks again for the advice!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast