User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diego, thanks for that info also. Will find out soon hopefully. Stay safe! - Mike
    Mike & Marta
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD CC standard bed Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride 184 hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, a quick update. I've been using my RV for roughly two weeks now. And wouldn't you know...the leak seems to have gone away. I have been camping in 100+degree weather and can only surmise that the seals have re-lubricated from being used and expanded/swelled some in the heat. I'm starting to think a seal dried & shrunk some while the trailer was sitting for about 3 months, which led to the small leak. Now that I have been exercising the hydraulics regularly, maybe, just maybe, the seals have rejuvenated. I don't know if this is wishful thinking, but I will keep you posted as our trips rolls on! Keeping my fingers crossed. -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My streetside front jack started dripping hydraulic fluid at a steady rate while under load. I ordered a new one from Lippert and was told 10 days to manufactor one plus shipping time. In the mean time I remove the jack and took it to the Rocklin Hydraulic repair shop in Rocklin California. They dissasembled the jack and found bad seals brought about by improper hardware, (bolts and washers). They are confident the unit is sealed and won't be a problem. I will reinstall this week. I cancelled the $500 plus order with Lippert and paid the hydraulic shop $153.00. Will follow up with the results once I use the unit for a few trips.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pam&wayne View Post
    My streetside front jack started dripping hydraulic fluid at a steady rate while under load. I ordered a new one from Lippert and was told 10 days to manufactor one plus shipping time. In the mean time I remove the jack and took it to the Rocklin Hydraulic repair shop in Rocklin California. They dissasembled the jack and found bad seals brought about by improper hardware, (bolts and washers). They are confident the unit is sealed and won't be a problem. I will reinstall this week. I cancelled the $500 plus order with Lippert and paid the hydraulic shop $153.00. Will follow up with the results once I use the unit for a few trips.
    pam&wayne, thank you for the follow-up information. At least I now know the “unserviceable” jack can, in fact, be serviced! Thank you also for the resource in Rocklin. If needed, I can easily make a trip north to use them. It’s always great to see resourcefulness save some big bucks. -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed a leaking front jack and took it to rockland hydraulic in rockland california..they repaired it for about $135.00

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12