User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Pressure

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rafter--check this thread out and see my post # 56 (with pictures) along with several other posts from others: http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ghlight=faucet This may be the thread of which Brady referenced in his post #9.

Debris from construction, less than pure water, water tank who knows what, etc. can and will clog these faucet "screens." Unscrew these from the end of the faucet(s) and clean out the tiny pieces of stuff trapped in the various "screens" and remove one or two from the kitchen faucet as I and others did and you should have very good water pressure trusting other issues are not evident.

When dry camping using the water tank/water pump which does not seem to be your issue, some have mentioned a screen at the water pump suction end.......I have not checked mine and maybe someone familiar with this will chime in and help.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the faucet screens also, but since it worked better with pump, maybe not. I had a couple times when the park spicket had a "back flow" device screwed on it, which was causing poor flow. I removed them while there and everything was good.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    rafter--check this thread out and see my post # 56 (with pictures) along with several other posts from others: http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ghlight=faucet This may be the thread of which Brady referenced in his post #9.

Debris from construction, less than pure water, water tank who knows what, etc. can and will clog these faucet "screens." Unscrew these from the end of the faucet(s) and clean out the tiny pieces of stuff trapped in the various "screens" and remove one or two from the kitchen faucet as I and others did and you should have very good water pressure trusting other issues are not evident.

When dry camping using the water tank/water pump which does not seem to be your issue, some have mentioned a screen at the water pump suction end.......I have not checked mine and maybe someone familiar with this will chime in and help.

Dan
    The screens are clear. Water pressure at the pump, no water in rv. I starting to think check valve. It seems as though blockage, but more than that. Kind of like a vacuum between the water and the outlet. Not sure where or what a check valve might look like on my 303.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there is pressure from the check valve into the trailer. I pushed the check valve and got a face full of water. It is developing a lot of pressure but still not getting any water out of the kitchen faucet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rafter--you did not state specifically but how are the BR faucet, BR shower and outside shower working using both hot and cold ? If they are fine and have not shown performance degradation as with the kitchen, this is perplexing. Did you remove all screens and head assembly from kitchen and try a water flow test both hot and cold ? If other faucets are all fine and if kitchen is still slow, on both hot and cold (or one or the other) could it be a line blockage in the kitchen zone but how from what and where ? Lastly, could it be a failure and/or blockage in the kitchen cold/hot handle(s) on/off water flow control assembly ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the shower and stool seem to work ok. The bathroom and kitchen
    faucets only dribble, hot or cold. We are in the process of trying to
    see if there is any line blockage. We have had this trailer for 2
    years now and it only started slowing down the last month. It appears
    the line from the Kantleak is the same for both sink in bathroom and
    kitchen. The bathroom sink is better than the kitchen, as the kitchen
    hardly even dribbles now.
    The faucet in the kitchen was replaced shortly after we bought it,
    by the dealer. Is there anything that could be blocking it from
    working like a check valve or something under the sink? I am
    perplexed, it would seem water should flow through the water lines...
    thanks for responding, let me know if you think of anything.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rafter--and the outside shower performance ?

One other thing, when we were hooked up to water last summer, we did have one of our water pressure regulators fail or seemed to be getting more restricted as over time the water flow seemed to be slowing. Changed to a different regulator and all was great.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there with the regulator, it is off right now and still not getting any water in the kitchen. Thanks for your ideas, we are in the process of walking it back to see where the blockage is.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so problem found, problem fixed, and I know why. Last year I put my water filter inside my RV, right before it connected to the Kantleak system so it would not freeze. For some dumb reason last month I hooked it up on the other end of the hose. We were in hard water country, which is why I ran a filter, to keep junk out of my lines. I did not think about the hose collecting junk all this time as it had unfiltered water running through it. The calcium slowly plugged my faucets. After tearing everything apart to track it down, we found most of it located in the kitchen faucet. My wife and I tore the faucet apart and cleaned it up. Now we have good water volume and pressure in the kitchen. We are getting way to familiar with the plumbing on our Grand Design. We now have a plex, tool and know how to take the under belly down to drain water, from another issue.
    I am still happy with my reflection and to be honest feel more confidant with it now than before, because I understand where everything is pretty much and how to get there.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to everyone for their input.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast