Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV/Satellite connection '21 Imagine XLS

Hello everyone,

I just put a deposit down on a '21 22mle, and I want to put a Dish King play-maker on the roof, and be able to mount it on a tri-pod in case we are under tree's, etc. I think most models are similar in there setup of the TV/satellite in the 20-21 models. Has anyone hooked up a wally receiver to this connection that says satellite behind TV? I Know that the OTA (cable) is hooked to tv, and you can have it on or off by engaging the button, but does the satellite connection go to the All in one hookup in pass - thru storage? With the OTA winegard antenna, is the coaxial that runs to it RG-6? If so has anyone removed this and replaced it with the play-maker? I think from reading reviews the Dish play makers need a direct run to the wally receiver, as spiltters interfers with signal. There is only one 1 Tv in this model.

My goal is to replace roof mount OTA antenna with Playmaker, and have the option to remove and hook up to connection pass-thru storage on tripod if needed.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200524_073738.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know how this worked out. I like your idea of being able to pull the dome from the roof temporarily and put it on tripods when under trees. Let us know if you ended up on a decision here.

Thanks
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I did not yet remove the OTA, but did use tripod and connected through the satellite feed in the pass through, works great. Its a direct feed so no interference with the dish tailgater. I will probably remove the OTA next couple of months, and try the existing connection if it works great, if not i'll run a new home run cable right above tv cabinet and seal it. Ill let you know how it goes. BTW the dish king works great and wally really like it, but you definitely need a clear view of southern sky.
    Jason & Katie
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.6l

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrio22 View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I did not yet remove the OTA, but did use tripod and connected through the satellite feed in the pass through, works great. Its a direct feed so no interference with the dish tailgater. I will probably remove the OTA next couple of months, and try the existing connection if it works great, if not i'll run a new home run cable right above tv cabinet and seal it. Ill let you know how it goes. BTW the dish king works great and wally really like it, but you definitely need a clear view of southern sky.
    So have you done the roof mount? How did you do it?
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10