User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Progressive Surge Protector

Just wanted to give a thanks to the forum members that recommended the Progressive Surge Protector. I never had one but finally bought one after buying the 297rsts and went camping this weekend only to plug in the surge protector and have it indicate an open neutral. We got the problem resolved but from what I have read an open neutral could possibly do a lot of damage. So again thanks everyone and stay safe!!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have paid for itself several times over on one trip!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think for just over $100. you’re definitely right!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3200+ nights of campgrounds and volunteering as a campground host I have observed only 4 instances of major electrical problems. But in each of those cases it was thousands of dollars of damage, fire, blown appliances.

And then the hidden problem, low voltage. Low voltage causes the a/c compressor to drag down, this in turn causes premature failure.

I am a believer in EMS systems.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 1st trip after installing our Progressive EMS we camped at a fairgrounds where the power was way out of control. Over the time we stayed there had the EMS cut off power numerous times due to too high of voltage, over 135 volts. Was very thankful we had it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used a Surge Guard EMS for mine. Last year we were at a CG in northern Maine and ours kept shutting down power due to low voltage about six times. I don't know where the issue was other then the power company was working on some lines in the area. We were not running any a/c only the microwave a few times. I'm glad I made the investment in one.
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebud View Post
    I think for just over $100. you’re definitely right!!
    Where did you find one for $100, they’re almost $400 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PROGRESSIVE-I...s%2C238&sr=8-2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one in the amazon link above is what we bought for our 5th, it was a little under 400.00.
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebud View Post
    Just wanted to give a thanks to the forum members that recommended the Progressive Surge Protector. I never had one but finally bought one after buying the 297rsts and went camping this weekend only to plug in the surge protector and have it indicate an open neutral. We got the problem resolved but from what I have read an open neutral could possibly do a lot of damage. So again thanks everyone and stay safe!!!
    older houses did not always have 3-wire connections. If you remember, if you are as old as I am... wall plugs had 2 flat connectors only (no ground). Oddly, the modern gear will sometimes recognize that as open neutral as the old neutrals would home back to ground at the main box. There can be a lot of things that can go wrong in this 2-wire environment with "getting zapped" being the biggest one. The ground was added to the standard home wiring so that appliances and things like vacuums would have a ground back to earth to keep bad wiring from passing current on to the person who touches it.

Now, back to the question at hand. If the system has a hot wire and a path for the return back to the main box, it should work just fine. Where things go bad is when something in the branch wiring is bad, short, open, reversed wires, etc. That is how things get fried.

I was wired into a 1950's house just last week and it did just fine, glad we did not need AC. Yes, I carry one of those grey 3prong -> 2prong adapters!
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the one that I’m using:
    Progressive Industries SSP50X 50 Amps Surge Protector (240V/50A),Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015G2OAWK..._ijC0EbR8E4YXM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast