User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We first bought the Surge Guard 50 when we had our Imagine, now use it on our Solitude. Really its a whole lot better than nothing but it doesn't protect against over/under V or Hz. Looking into something that will is on the list. I have read the Progressive Ind. hard wired unit that has over/under protection is a pain to get those big fat wires into it. I have not yet researched where it would install in our RV and how easy it would be to connect into the RV wiring. If behind the basement wall, one with a remote display would be nice. Amazon has them @ $300, little to pay for all the protection it provides and the elimination of heart aches in repairing the RV should V and Hz be a problem.

People that have the PI, HW50C, is it really that difficult to install with the fat wires?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2364.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We first bought the Surge Guard 50 when we had our Imagine, now use it on our Solitude. Really its a whole lot better than nothing but it doesn't protect against over/under V or Hz. Looking into something that will is on the list. I have read the Progressive Ind. hard wired unit that has over/under protection is a pain to get those big fat wires into it. I have not yet researched where it would install in our RV and how easy it would be to connect into the RV wiring. If behind the basement wall, one with a remote display would be nice. Amazon has them @ $300, little to pay for all the protection it provides and the elimination of heart aches in repairing the RV should V and Hz be a problem.

People that have the PI, HW50C, is it really that difficult to install with the fat wires?
    I have a 30 amp system and no, it isn't hard to move those "fat" wires into it. PI is designed for the heavy wires, but the wires are stiff. If you don't want to install it yourself, it should be less than an hour at a RV dealer shop.

The question is how much are you willing to pay if you have issues with bad ground, over/under voltage, miswired pedestal, or bad pedestal plug?
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12