User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azink007 View Post
    What airbags did you put on your 1500? I have 1450lbs of payload and with a 2400BH loaded and full of water it’s within 200 lbs of GVWR at the scales. Nothing unsafe, and with the WDH it’s pretty stable and the 3.0L ED seems to have plenty of power, but I can can feel it and wondering if airbags with help.

Also, which tires did you go with? I heard the stock Ram tires are garbage...
    Just curious on the GVWR....is that 200 lbs with just you in the TV? We are looking at the 2400BH and it is extremely difficult to find any modestly consistent TW. We are at roughly 500 lb between my wife, daughter, dog and myself. I have 1555 lb of payload available and a somewhere around 900 left after loading the TV. I have max tow, 10 spd, 3.5EB and XL rated tires on my F150, so I am pretty much maxed out on towing aides unless I move up to a 3/4 or 1 ton. Airbags are an option if needed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 2600RB using our 2010 F-150 Supercab. We had to buy a truck and the camper, so after finding the camper we wanted I had to find a reasonably-priced truck I could tow it with. The thing I found particularly important with the F-150's was the rear axle ratio. Mine has the 3.55 with the tow package so it is rated to tow up to 9600 pounds. Depending on which axle you have, you may be able to tow more or less. However, as others have said, the max payload will be your biggest limiter. With 3 passengers plus 100 pounds for the WD hitch and 300 pounds of gear in the bed, I'm pretty much maxed out as GVWR is 7200 pounds. I immediately upgraded the passenger Goodyears that were on the truck with Toyo Open country HT2's, an E-rated 10 ply tire. I have them at 48 PSI rear and 46 PSI front. I'm using the Husky equalizer WD hitch and sway control. I've only just towed it about an hour home from the dealer, but the F150 pulled the 2600 just fine and I was comfortable the entire trip. Note, I've never towed anything this big. So that's saying something. Check your axle ratio, do your calculations and you should be just fine as long as the numbers line up.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dfgeewhiz,
    I just posted a thread on my experience with a similar setup. The 2800BH is in the same ballpark as your 2600RB, and my GMC is probably about the same as your Chevy.

YMMV of course, but hope it helps.

-Eric
    Eric & Lindsay
    2016 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 GMC Sierra, 6.2L Max Tow

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EC0387 View Post
    Just curious on the GVWR....is that 200 lbs with just you in the TV? We are looking at the 2400BH and it is extremely difficult to find any modestly consistent TW. We are at roughly 500 lb between my wife, daughter, dog and myself. I have 1555 lb of payload available and a somewhere around 900 left after loading the TV. I have max tow, 10 spd, 3.5EB and XL rated tires on my F150, so I am pretty much maxed out on towing aides unless I move up to a 3/4 or 1 ton. Airbags are an option if needed.
    Did you have a full water tank? That was on a scale, loaded for a trip with my wife and 5-year old. Full fuel/DEF/water/propane/etc. I haven't done empty weights yet but loaded numbers are below and but GWVR is 7200 for the truck. Within limits, but barely. GAWR is 3900 front/4200 rear so plenty of room there.

3260 front axle
    3740 drive axle
    6480 trailer axle
    13480 total

I made some additional adjustments to the WDH, and moved to lithium since, but I imagine the truck weight is about the same. I'm strongly considering LT tires to make the ride a bit more solid.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12