User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Imagine 2600RB with 1/2 ton Chevy silverado with towing package

We are shopping for an Imagine 2600RB to tow with our 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado which has a towing package on it. We also plan to purchase a Hensley Arrow hitch. Has anyone on here hauled the 2600RB with a half ton and what was your experience. We have crunched the numbers and mathematically we should have plenty of towing capability with room to spare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=dfgeewhiz;296366]We are shopping for an Imagine 2600RB to tow with our 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado which has a towing package on it. We also plan to purchase a Hensley Arrow hitch. Has anyone on here hauled the 2600RB with a half ton and what was your experience. We have crunched the numbers and mathematically we should have plenty of towing capability with room to spare.[/QUOTE

for now that's enough how about down the line you want a 5th wheel then you half to buy a bigger truck do it right the 1st time and save money later
    good luck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2600RB has a GVWR under 8000 pounds, it also has 8800 pounds of axles, best in the Imagine line, IMO. Your Chevy likely will have no issue pulling it. The hitch weight will be in the 900 to 1000 pound range when loaded so as long as the payload (door sticker) gives enough capacity to load the cab and carry the tongue weight all should be fine. As long as the numbers work, you will be fine.

My truck could pull an 8000 pound load without issue, the truck payload however, is only 1400 pounds so the 2600RB is beyond my payload when you consider two adults, 100 pounds of box load and 300 pounds of St Bernard. Watch your payload.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull my 2600RB with my Ram 1500 with no problems. Did find strong winds to be a white knuckle situation. By strong winds 30-50 mph wind gusts. New tires and airbags, white knuckles a thing of the past now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. What type of hitch do you use?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have a 2600 RB (we own a 26 RLS) but we do use a Hensley Arrow. Its a really great hitch, it totally eliminates sway! It's worth every penny that we spent on it. If you'd like more info on the Hensley Arrow, just let me know.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 05-26-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2600rb towing with a Nissan Titan SV 4x4 crew cab. My Titans CCC is 1488. I have a equalizer WDH with 1,000# bars. It tows reasonably well. You definitely want to properly adjust your hitch, load the trailer properly and don't bring along a bunch of unnecessary junk.

Search under my user name. I have posted a full set of weights from a cat scale with trailer and truck loaded for camping. Might give you a good idea of what to expect from your setup.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Fastway E2 round bar WD/sway hitch 800#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We don't have a 2600 RB (we own a 26 RLS) but we do use a Hensley Arrow. Its a really great hitch, it totally eliminates sway! It's worth every penny that we spent on it. If you'd like more info on the Hensley Arrow, just let me know.
    What airbags did you put on your 1500? I have 1450lbs of payload and with a 2400BH loaded and full of water it’s within 200 lbs of GVWR at the scales. Nothing unsafe, and with the WDH it’s pretty stable and the 3.0L ED seems to have plenty of power, but I can can feel it and wondering if airbags with help.

Also, which tires did you go with? I heard the stock Ram tires are garbage...
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azink007 View Post
    What airbags did you put on your 1500? I have 1450lbs of payload and with a 2400BH loaded and full of water it’s within 200 lbs of GVWR at the scales. Nothing unsafe, and with the WDH it’s pretty stable and the 3.0L ED seems to have plenty of power, but I can can feel it and wondering if airbags with help.

Also, which tires did you go with? I heard the stock Ram tires are garbage...
    There's two main brands of Airbags, Firestone and Airlift. There's a few other brands out there that are basically knockoffs of those two. Personally, I'm a fan of Firestone airbag systems and have used them on at least 4-5 trucks over the years with very good success and reliability. We're somewhat new to the weekend-warrior RV life but not to towing. In my opinion, airbags help out quite a bit, especially if you're loaded heavy and close to your payload limit, even if you have a properly equipped and adjusted WD hitch. With a WD hitch, it doesn't take much air pressure in the bags to make a big difference in how the vehicle feels and responds to inputs (you don't want a lot of air in the bags with a WD hitch anyway). You will have to adjust how your WD hitch is setup after adding airbags so the WD is still distributing the weight correctly. It may take some trial and error setting the bag pressure and WD hitch so they work together.

You can also add on-board air to add air to the bags on the go, and has other good benefits such as filling a low tire wherever you are.

I don't like towing with the P series tires that most 1/2 ton trucks come with. I recommend upgrading to a LT series tire, usually a Load Range E tire. That change alone can improve your towing experience drastically. The P series Michelins on my Tundra weren't too bad to tow with but the P series goodyears that came on a F150 I once had were downright scary to tow with. Both trucks towing (and off-road/snow) performance were improved by adding LR E tires to them.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast