User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have their PDI at PleasureLand?

We will be picking up our new Reflection 315RLTS the 2nd week of June. We purchased thru PleasureLand in St Cloud, MN. We are all set with our checklists and everything we’ll need for our PDI. My specific question is for anyone who has also purchased through Pleasureland. How were they to work with on your PDI? Any tips specifically about PL? Or comments you could share? I’ll be contacting them again this week to set our PDI expectations and figured someone here may have some PDI experience with them.

Thank You!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    We will be picking up our new Reflection 315RLTS the 2nd week of June. We purchased thru PleasureLand in St Cloud, MN. We are all set with our checklists and everything we’ll need for our PDI. My specific question is for anyone who has also purchased through Pleasureland. How were they to work with on your PDI? Any tips specifically about PL? Or comments you could share? I’ll be contacting them again this week to set our PDI expectations and figured someone here may have some PDI experience with them.

Thank You!
    I live in Blaine, MN, so PleasureLand's Ramsey location is very close to me. In spite of that, I always take my Solitude to St. Cloud for service. Their service department is excellent. Their service managers are knowledgeable and stay involved in whatever you have your unit in for. Their techs are professional and skillful.

As for PDI, don't expect PleasureLand (or any dealer) to teach you how to be proficient using and maintaining your RV. They'll show you everything you need to know to hookup and setup, they'll show you how to operate devices and appliances, and they'll go thru the owners manual with you. But the onus of getting more than that from a PDI is on you: spend a lot of time on your checklist, and write down a lot of questions ahead of time.

Here's some suggestions that are usually NOT done during PDI: Bring a couple gallons of antifreeze and get them to show you how to winterize, then sanitize the plumbing. Make sure you and your partner both open and close the slides and awnings all the way -- a couple of times. Flush the toilet with a lot of water and take it to their dumping station to dump. (You'll need to have or buy a sewer hose). Good luck. It's an adventure.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought from Pleasureland but not at their St. Cloud location. PDI went smoothly. The salesman went thru pretty much all the functions of the unit. We didn't feel rushed. It was our first fifthwheel ever but we had been around campers for years so we had some clue what we were looking at. Just remember in all your excitement to take your time! If you find an issue, have them fix it before you leave otherwise you will have to make the trip back and they are known for taking a long time to do repairs. Take your time to go over your hitching process if you're not familiar with it. Usually their lot is big enough to practice maneuvering. Take your time and try all functions. It's easy to be excited to get home with your new purchase but go thru your checklists and take your time. Congratulations on the new camper. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any other specific questions.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I bought from Pleasureland but not at their St. Cloud location. PDI went smoothly. The salesman went thru pretty much all the functions of the unit. We didn't feel rushed. It was our first fifthwheel ever but we had been around campers for years so we had some clue what we were looking at. Just remember in all your excitement to take your time! If you find an issue, have them fix it before you leave otherwise you will have to make the trip back and they are known for taking a long time to do repairs. Take your time to go over your hitching process if you're not familiar with it. Usually their lot is big enough to practice maneuvering. Take your time and try all functions. It's easy to be excited to get home with your new purchase but go thru your checklists and take your time. Congratulations on the new camper. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any other specific questions.
    We also purchased from Pleasureland in St Cloud. We notified them ahead of time that we had an extensive PDI checklist (that I printed from this site, a quick search should get you a couple) that we would want to go through and would likely spend much more time than their typical customer. The salesman did not do our PDI, a service tech did, which I thought was better. We had a travel trailer for 11 years before our GD and I had downloaded and read the owners manual prior to the PDI so I was pretty familiar with how things worked. We still took our time and went through everything. I believe that because we notified them in advance that we would be taking our time and be very thorough that they spent more time going through it before we got there.

I believe there are two purposes to the PDI. One is to learn how all the various systems function and the other is to find anything that needs to be repaired BEFORE you take possession. We found nothing that needed to be repaired. The service tech told us that he had already ordered a new drawer. I asked which one and why as I had tested all of them and they were all good. He pointed out one drawer under the television and said the stain didn’t match very well.

Overall we were very happy with Pleasureland.

Good luck and enjoy your new rig!

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloading and reading the owners manual before the PDI is a really good idea. Will probably give you a few more questions to ask.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We bought our Imagine from them, back in 2017. You'll see lots of advice about taking a long time (many hours) to work through the checklists doing a real PDI. If you plan on doing so, arrange it ahead with PL. Their version is essentially an hour or so long "this is where everything is", with lots of what to do thrown in. If you can, have that done in the morning, so you have as much time as you need to go over everything later. If going that route, be clear you are not going to accept delivery until you are done. That said, ours was in the afternoon, and I took another hour looking things over. They did note that they might have to move the trailer to another place in the yard for me to finish, if they needed the spot for the next customer. Electricity was provided, but no water/sewer. I did not ask if that too could be hooked up for testing. In the end, there was nothing I noted that needed attention.

After the initial shakedown, I had to bring it back for a few minor issues. Same happened later for the two recalls my trailer had. In each case, their scheduling for appointments was a month to three months out. But on the day of, they fixed everything while I waited. I had an upgrade done later on, and again was scheduled a couple of months out. But they noted if I wanted, I could drop it off right away, and they would try to get to it on a "as time available" basis. Since we had no plans, I took them up on it. They got it done six weeks before my scheduled date.
    For the first recall, they did not complete the job correctly - forgot some parts. I called, and they were more than happy to let me bring it in as soon as I could (in my case, the next day). This time fixed in 1 hr. They threw in bearing regrease and brake adjustment for free, for "good will", with no prompting.
    I've had several conversations with the service/parts managers, and they love Grand Design. They say there is rarely a problem getting parts, usually get them in 2 days. For warranty work, if they know what is needed, they just order so they have them for the customer, and work with GD after the fact to get their credit for the parts/labor.

My prior trailer was from Hilltop, and they were perhaps a 10 out of 10 in sales and service. They had the same kind of lead time for service appointments. Pleasureland would be a 9/10. We're very lucky here in Minn. to have two dealerships that are pretty awesome, especially after reading all the threads about other places/dealers in the country...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had two Grand Design Imagine travel trailers from Pleasureland Ramsey and have been very happy with their dealership. Only problem with the Ramsey location is that it has a much smaller service department and longer scheduling ques. I have opted for the St Cloud location for service to get around this. Good people, good work. Take your time with your PDI, look at everything, try everything, make sure it all works as it should and looks like it should. Best luck and wishes.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2018 we purchased our Imagine 2970RL at Pleasureland in Baxter (Brainerd). Everything went very well, they were not pushy or in a hurry at all, they answered all my question. If you have any questions that come to mind prior to arriving at your PDI, write them down! It's kind of an overwhelming process, , at least for us it was as this was the first brand new camper we purchased.

They even set up my wight distributing hitch right before I hooked up.