User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out manual retraction or extension

During my walk around with my Reflection at purchase, the man giving me the info tour showed me a large nut below each of the living room slides and stated that was for if the slide malfunctions, it can be used to retract the slide manually using the provided socket on the end of a handle. (Long sentence, sorry) My questions are: Has anyone ever done this to close a slide and was it difficult? (I'm afraid to try it) Can it be used also to extend a broken slide? Reason I'm asking how difficult it is to turn is because I was thinking of getting a battery operated impact gun to keep in the rig for this emergency.
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents. I would purchase a battery powered impact gun and sockets for the lug nuts for the tires. It makes for changing a tire on the street side of the trailer when the traffic is flying by you at 75 mph that much faster. Ask how I know!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    During my walk around with my Reflection at purchase, the man giving me the info tour showed me a large nut below each of the living room slides and stated that was for if the slide malfunctions, it can be used to retract the slide manually using the provided socket on the end of a handle. (Long sentence, sorry) My questions are: Has anyone ever done this to close a slide and was it difficult? (I'm afraid to try it) Can it be used also to extend a broken slide? Reason I'm asking how difficult it is to turn is because I was thinking of getting a battery operated impact gun to keep in the rig for this emergency.
    It's not hard to turn, just takes a little while.
    When turning manually, the clutch in the slide actuator motor/gearbox is bypassed.
    The clutch is set for 1200 pounds of force. It's makes the sound when the slide gets all the way closed or open.

LCI has a video showing manual operation, his hand crank doesn't have the 3/4" socket on it for the extension shaft.
    How to Manually Extend or Retract an Electric Slide-Out System https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_3vc0STmfI

The Electric Through Frame Slide-Out Service Manual https://support.lci1.com/documents/e...service-manual has a caution:

NOTE: Use EXTREME CAUTION when extending and/or retracting room using the manual override feature. It is possible to operate the slide-out beyond the maximum extension and/or retraction and damage the slide components, slide room structure or trim components.

NOTE: The gears can be stripped out if the room is manually retracted/extended to its fullest extent and the operator continues to rotate manual override.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank