User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The damage you caused is in front of the load bearing part or the frame/coupler interface. So as far as the pulling of the trailer, your damage really doesn't effect it.

You had some weld put over the tear, it should be plated over as well because that weld was (most likely, but I could be wrong) likely placed over the torn frame wall, the tear still exists and will eventually resurface through the weld. If your going to use the bad practice of covering a crack/tear with a pretty weld crown that hides it, you can at least cut some scrap plate and plate that area. This will add new material that is not previously torn to this chain area and in the event of a catastrophic coupler/truck disconnect where the chains get shock loaded.... that new plate is going to resist unzipping way more than a weld over torn steel.

But who am I.... I know nothing.
    Fossil Fuel free, domestic steam electric power plant employee.
    Strategic Engineering
    Site NDE Level III
    Last edited by larry0071; 07-20-2020 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Removed company name......
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12