User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I drained the GW and the #2 GW indicator showed 1/3. I'm thinking this indicator is really a BW. I'm at home so I can't drain the BW Tanks, even though I haven't used the toilets you never know !
    Sounds like you are on the right track. The factory didn't label the tank indicators correctly. Will know for sure when you can drain the rear black tank.
    As I said in my first response the owners manuals are general and not specific to any one model. Have owned two tent trailers, two travel trailers, one fifth wheel and now a toy hauler. I didn't even look at the owners manuals for the last two units I've owned.

One question for you if you don't mind. The brochure for the 29G says dry hitch weight is 1500 pounds. What does the spec sheet that came with your 29G say the hitch weight was for your unit when it left the factory? Brochure for my 21G said HW 960 lbs. Spec sheet showed 1150 lbs. actual when unit left the factory.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitch weight on spec sheet is 1662. Brochure states 100 gallons of fresh water but is 90 on specs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: camper is brand new, would you drain the BW in your yard ?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitch weight on spec sheet is 1662. Brochure states 100 gallons of fresh water but is 90 on specs.
    You could drain some into a 5 gal bucket to check if still clean. If fouled you could pour the bucket contents back into the RV toilet or house toilet. If not fouled you'd be good to drain it on lawn.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leery due to chemicals that may have been added at factory/dealer and I just put one orange tank cleaner pods to help sanitize yesterday but probably didn't need due to it being new, figured it couldn't hurt.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also did a sniff test with each toilet and no foul oder that I can detect. Might due the bucket drain you suggested and check indicator.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subvet: I drained the rear BW and the indicator showed empty, just guessing but drained around 15 gallons. Then drained the front BW and it dribbled less than a gallon. I guess I will add water to only the rear toilet or should I bother?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subvet: I drained the rear BW and the indicator showed empty, just guessing but drained around 15 gallons. Then drained the front BW and it dribbled less than a gallon. I guess I will add water to only the rear toilet or should I bother?
    If the GW #2 went from 1/3 to empty it sounds like the GW#2 was mislabeled and you should just stick a label on it. From looking at your floorplan again I bet the kitchen sink, rear bathroom sink and the toilet all drain to that rear black water tank. With my 21G the only thing that drains to the rear GW is the kitchen sink
    To answer your other question brochure says 100 gal FW but spec sheet shows 90 gal. The person(s) who did the advertising brochure also added in the water heater volume even though that volume is not available to use unless you pull the plug and drain it into a bucket. Makes 96 gal so just rounded up.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added water to rear toilet only till the indicator #2GW showed 1/3 full. Drained the rear tank. Then added some water to the front toilet until the BW indicator showed 1/3, then drained. So I guess the indicator for #1GW is probably the shower and kitchen sink I presume. At least I now know that #2GW is actually a BW Tank. I have a label maker so I can relabel as #2BW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added water to rear toilet only till the indicator #2GW showed 1/3 full. Drained the rear tank. Then added some water to the front toilet until the BW indicator showed 1/3, then drained. So I guess the indicator for #1GW is probably the shower and kitchen sink I presume. At least I now know that #2GW is actually a BW Tank. I have a label maker so I can relabel as #2BW
    I would bet that the kitchen sink also drains to the rear BW tank.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast