User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholelocal19 View Post
    Just got the 29g and this is my first trailer. When dumping the black tank, I take the cap off and some “poo slurry” comes out, not just a few drops either. And the valve is securely closed.
    You should start your own thread to ask this question rather than hijack the O.P.'s thread.
    But what you want is an add on gate valve:
    https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T50-...s%2C244&sr=8-7
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholelocal19 View Post
    Just got the 29g and this is my first trailer. When dumping the black tank, I take the cap off and some “poo slurry” comes out, not just a few drops either. And the valve is securely closed.
    I have never had that happen.
    Some swear by this thing, I am going to get one jsut because it does seem like a good safety item, it goes right on the end of the drain so kind of a second safety.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naanderson321 View Post
    I have never had that happen.
    Some swear by this thing, I am going to get one jsut because it does seem like a good safety item, it goes right on the end of the drain so kind of a second safety.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Twist on version linked by Naanderson may be easier to use if you don't mind the added length sticking out. Some like to cut the pipe back a bit and add the new valve to keep the overall length about the same. You pick :-)
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it wasn't rinsed after the last dump !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies, I have never been on a forum before. I was reading this and was having the same confusion as the OP with it saying it has 2 GW and 1 BW. And since the original question had been answered I did not see the harm in adding to the post. But thank you for the info.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subvet0615 View Post
    pds06 and naanderson,

21G owner here but a word of caution. Keep an eye on your awning rail where it attaches to the outside wall. My awning rail pulled away on the front and rear edge. Noticed it on a trip when in northern Montana last spring. Had to do an emergency repair to get home. From reading on this forum this is a common problem. Seems that the awning slams hard against the wall when retraced.

Larry
    same issue on my 29g.. took it in and they found that the fasteners were to short. Also I watch closely when I close it now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naanderson321 View Post
    After some testing on this I think I have this figured out. We have in the 29G 1 Grey tank and 2 Black for sure. On the control panel Grey 2 is for the Rear black tank. They use the same control panels on multiple units, that is why the mis-label.
    The kitchen sink is also connected to the rear black tank by the way.
    I just stumbled on to the this same issue (or just noticed) during our last trip. I noticed the black water rinse system was only coming out of the front BW tank. Nothing would coming out of the aft tank. This explains it. That means that the only way for you aft tank to get any type of of a rinse is depends on how much you use the half batch sink and the kitchen sink. What a crappy design and frankly, very lazy for GD to not 1> make sure the labels on the panel are correct, 2> install a rinse system for the tank.

on a side note, have not any major problems with my 29g other than the awning that is mentioned below. My door btwn the living area and garage wont latch and I will have to shim the door out to fix that.

Thanks for solving this mystery that has been keeping me up for two weeks.. LOL.. Great forum.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swade56 View Post
    I just stumbled on to the this same issue (or just noticed) during our last trip. I noticed the black water rinse system was only coming out of the front BW tank. Nothing would coming out of the aft tank. This explains it. That means that the only way for you aft tank to get any type of of a rinse is depends on how much you use the half batch sink and the kitchen sink. What a crappy design and frankly, very lazy for GD to not 1> make sure the labels on the panel are correct, 2> install a rinse system for the tank.

on a side note, have not any major problems with my 29g other than the awning that is mentioned below. My door btwn the living area and garage wont latch and I will have to shim the door out to fix that.

Thanks for solving this mystery that has been keeping me up for two weeks.. LOL.. Great forum.
    Swade56,
    I don't have the rear BW tank but I seldom use the flush connection on my front black tank because the flow is kind of anemic and I have to run a hose to the other side of the trailer. I found that I get a good flush out by using this method:
    As soon as I open the black tank drain I go in and fill the toilet bowl to almost the overflow level and flush then I repeat, fill and flush again , close the BW drain valve then dump grey tanks. The last thing I do is fill the toilet bowl again, add treatment and flush. That gives me about three gallons to slosh around in the tank if I'm getting on the road.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2020 Momentum 29g. After several calls to customer service, I still am not clear on the gray#2 water indicator lights that I have confirmed are monitoring the black tank for the rear bathroom. Customer service says the indicator for gray#2 is monitoring the rear black tank. So why not call the gray#2, black#2 on the panel? They even sent me another pannel which is exactly the same as what is installed on the coach now. It is very confusing that the black tank has a black tank label on the outside dump handle. But the panel that monitors the black tank says gray#2. Customer service has not given me any answers to why this is so. It took them weeks to confirm that the sink in the rear bathroom actually drains into the rear black tank and not the main gray tank. After beating this horse for a long time without a definitive answer I still have no answers to my question. Why not call the gray#2 black#2 on the monitor panel? I have also confirmed that if you drain the rear black tank and add nothing to it at all. I am saying I did not add any water to the rear black tank or the sink. No one used the rear bathroom they could not, it was full of stuff that one must remove all the stuff stored on top of the commode and sink. That being said after the trip the rear black tank outside handle when pulled still had what appeared to have gray water in it, quite a few gallons in fact which totally surprised me. I have owned several trailers but this one is totally confusing me with this issue. I can only deduce that the main gray tank is moving water to the rear black tank. To be honest this is the only issue I have with this trailer. I just need some answers to why it is so confusing that the monitoring panel lights say gray#1 and gray#2. Does anybody out there have some answers without guessing?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is the same as your 29G, I have been told by another 29G owner that the kitchen sink also drains into the rear black tank and that is why you have (gray water) come out even though you never used rear toilet. As far as the panel showing gray#2 instead of black#2 I have no answer just like the manufacturer, just remember it's a black tank, good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234