Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grey water level indicator/sensor not reading accurately

2018 imagine 2800 bh offered several different issues after not using for a couple months. One problem I noticed when leaving the campsite is that even after I drained both grey water tanks, one showed 1/3 full and the other showed 1/2 full....I've had the black water tank "stick" before for obvious reasons but never the grey. Any ideas?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can try and fill the tanks 1/2 full and add Dawn and a TIED pod, then drive around a while and let it slosh around. You probably have food partials or soap/hair on the sensor. Otherwise if possible snake a cleaning wand up into the tank if possible.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasman777 View Post
    2018 imagine 2800 bh offered several different issues after not using for a couple months. One problem I noticed when leaving the campsite is that even after I drained both grey water tanks, one showed 1/3 full and the other showed 1/2 full....I've had the black water tank "stick" before for obvious reasons but never the grey. Any ideas?
    Sensors on the tanks are notoriously known for inaccurate readings.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasman777 View Post
    Just putting it out there, but are you sure the tank(s) are actually empty?

I assure you there is a point to this story, but we were at a dump station once and the person at the lane beside us goes to remove his sewer cap. Now this lane was driving in the opposite direction as ours, so his sewer outlet faced us. Anyways, I will spare you the details of what I observed coming out, but let's just say his black tank was obviously leaking (a lot), and I just watched in horror. What's the point of all of this? Well, it was that nasty distraction that stopped me from noticing our trailer was leaning the wrong way, and after I finished at the dump station, the trailer was actually still over 1 /3 full on each tank. I go to a different station after I noticed this, that was sloped the right way, and there was still a good amount of volume that drained out.

Just a thought
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Just putting it out there, but are you sure the tank(s) are actually empty?

I assure you there is a point to this story, but we were at a dump station once and the person at the lane beside us goes to remove his sewer cap. Now this lane was driving in the opposite direction as ours, so his sewer outlet faced us. Anyways, I will spare you the details of what I observed coming out, but let's just say his black tank was obviously leaking (a lot), and I just watched in horror. What's the point of all of this? Well, it was that nasty distraction that stopped me from noticing our trailer was leaning the wrong way, and after I finished at the dump station, the trailer was actually still over 1 /3 full on each tank. I go to a different station after I noticed this, that was sloped the right way, and there was still a good amount of volume that drained out.

Just a thought
    Understood, I initially thought the same thing despite my bubbles showing close to level....so I proceeded to back onto some blocks to raise the side opposite the the drain/dump, and had the same problem.

I like the idea of some Dawn/Water before our next haul, I might give that a shot.