User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geo Method and recipe

Hi all, I hope that everyone is doing a good job at avoiding this virus.
    Is the Geo Method still a recommended method?
    If so, what recipe have you had good success with? There are so many out there.
    And, do you also use it in the grey tank?
    Thanks again
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Hi all, I hope that everyone is doing a good job at avoiding this virus. Is the Geo Method still a recommended method? If so, what recipe have you had good success with? There are so many out there. And, do you also use it in the grey tank? Thanks again
    I'm surprised you haven't had a response yet. I believe that quite a few people here would tell you 'yes'.

Our trailer has had a bit less than a year of living in it. The tank sensors still work most of the time. Occasionally one reports that its tank is not empty when it is, but (touch wood) that has always cleared up.

I used to use the GEO method on all tanks after every dump but decided that was overkill. After dumping I *always* put about five gallons of water in each tank... always after every dump. When we're going to be moving, or if we've been stationary for more than about ten days or so (every second dump), I add the GEO method's Borax and Dawn too.

Recipe? I think I've seen recommendations for a cup of each. I slop in at least that much, probably more, don't measure it carefully. I mix it up in the relevant sink or toilet to get the Borax dissolved, and then let it go down into the five gallons waiting in the tank.

Seems to work for us! Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 05-26-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not quite the original GEO method, here's what I use on our black tank:
    - 1/2 to 1 cup Calgon water softener
    - 1/2 cup dawn dish washing detergent
    - 2 scoops Happy Camper
    - 5ish gallons in the tank

Just like Boyscout, I'll mix things a bit in the bowl, then let it drop and finish with 3-4 full bowls of water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do the Geo method. I use 1 cup of liquid laundry detergent, 1 cup Calgon water softener, and 1/2 cup dawn. I'll mix the three in a bucket and pour in toilet, shower, and kitchen sink. I'll then pour several buckets of water behind it to get it all in the tank. I will do this usually before I tow just to coat the sides so nothing sticks to the tank walls. For regular maintenance I use Happy Camper while stationary. I could not believe how clean the tank was on my unit I just traded in and it didn't have a flush system. We just drained it and poured a couple buckets of water in to flush it out each tank dump.
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're using the same method.. calgon, tst, dawn... with no issues. But sometimes calgon water softener is hard to find.

I've seen powdered borax, but not sure how to mix it right, so I'm hesitant in using it.

How should borax be mixed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    We're using the same method.. calgon, tst, dawn... with no issues. But sometimes calgon water softener is hard to find.

I've seen powdered borax, but not sure how to mix it right, so I'm hesitant in using it.

How should borax be mixed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    https://www.amazon.com/Calgon-Soften...s%2C172&sr=8-2

This is a decent price/per, little bit cheaper than off the shelf at Walmart. Based upon a dealership tech’s recommendation, we don’t use anything in powder form in the tanks-that’s just us. Usually, two bottles per season is sufficient, leaving one left to start out next season with a clean tank.
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 05-27-2020 at 04:58 AM. Reason: redundancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm not so fussy. The lower sensor on the black tank is often reading a level though there is none. I've come to terms with that and have ceased fighting it. Who knows how or where it is installed. After each dump I just put a good squirt of dawn and sprinkle some Borax into the toilet bowl flush with lots of water and move on to the next local allowing it to mix. If the 5W will be sitting at home for awhile I mix about a 1/4 cup Orange Dawn and 1/2 cup Borax with 5 gallons of water so the black tank doesn't sit dry. The kitchen and bath grey tanks get the same treatment. When I arrive at my next camp site depending on hook up arrangements I'll dump. Full hook up I'll allow the tanks to fill before dumping.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Calgon-Soften...s%2C172&sr=8-2

This is a decent price/per, little bit cheaper than off the shelf at Walmart. Based upon a dealership tech’s recommendation, we don’t use anything in powder form in the tanks-that’s just us. Usually, two bottles per season is sufficient, leaving one left to start out next season with a clean tank.
    N
    Wow, Calgon is hard to find. Im not sure if its because of the virus and low inventory or just the region I'm in. Thanks for the link and everyone's advise. Just placed my order.
    I also found this interest article. https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Wow, Calgon is hard to find. Im not sure if its because of the virus and low inventory or just the region I'm in. Thanks for the link and everyone's advise. Just placed my order.
    I also found this interest article. https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/
    I was doing a search and this caught my attention, then I saw your location.
    https://themonarchmommy.com/2016/05/...calgon-canada/
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charles Bruni and the Geo Method

I believe Charles Bruni is the individual who originally coined the "Geo Method". Here is his full article.
    Calgon liquid at Walmart is $5.34/32 oz.
    Last edited by TS_Breezes; 05-27-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast