User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold refrigerator.

We have the Norcold double door refrigerator in our 2020 Solitude 310GK. First time we used the fridge, I put the setting on 9 to get it cold. In the morning the setting had dropped down to 5 but the temp in the fridge was 30 degrees so I assumed it dropped the temp automatically. Throughout the weekend the temperature continued to climb on electric until it was at 50 degrees and then 60 degrees. The freezer was working just fine and that never became an issue. We switched over to propane to see if that made a difference and the next morning is was down to 50 degrees however, I noticed when I opened the right hand door it did not have the same amount of resistance as when opening the left side. I almost felt as though I had to push the door closed to make sure it was properly latched. I have been reading about door flapper issues and am wondering if there is a problem and if so, is there a self fix or is replacement the only option. We are not receiving any fault codes.
    Last edited by Iceman2200; 05-26-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The door flapper issue is almost as common with the Norcold as finding a penny laying on the ground. Yes, this can be "repaired" pretty easily by the owner and it is really a pretty simple fix. I had the same issue with mine (a Norcold 2118) and used a different approach to the problem than most do, but the quick and simple, down and dirty fix is this. Remove the cover on the upper hinge area of the left door....the one that has the flapper on it. Once the plastic cover is removed, take out the hinge bolts/screw for the top hinge. Once they are out you can lean the door back away from the frig and lift the door off of the bottom hinge pin that sticks up into the bottom of the door. Place a small washer on the pin (I prefer metal vs. a plastic washer) and then set the door back on the bottom pin and reinstall the hinge bolts for the upper hinge. Open and close the left doof repeatedly to insure that the flap is not hanging up when the door is closed. If it is, repeat the process with another washer. If the first washer did the trick, put the trim cover back on where the hinge area is and make sure that the flapper is working every single time. Hope this helps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2200 View Post
    We have the Norcold double door refrigerator in our 2020 Solitude 310GK. First time we used the fridge, I put the setting on 9 to get it cold. In the morning the setting had dropped down to 5 but the temp in the fridge was 30 degrees so I assumed it dropped the temp automatically. Throughout the weekend the temperature continued to climb on electric until it was at 50 degrees and then 60 degrees. The freezer was working just fine and that never became an issue. We switched over to propane to see if that made a difference and the next morning is was down to 50 degrees however, I noticed when I opened the right hand door it did not have the same amount of resistance as when opening the left side. I almost felt as though I had to push the door closed to make sure it was properly latched. I have been reading about door flapper issues and am wondering if there is a problem and if so, is there a self fix or is replacement the only option. We are not receiving any fault codes.
    i invested in a fan mod that attaches to the fins inside the refridgerator. It helps to circulate the air inside especially if you keep your refridgerator full. I also replaced the temperature switch that causes the cooling fans to kick on with a lower temp one. The factory switch is 130ish and the one i put in is 80ish. Can't remember the exact temp settings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Norcold-120...oAAOSwH2Vb4zn8

This seller also sells the temp switch.