User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a rally?

My wife and I have owned a TT for a number of years. I have never really been involved in forums, facebook groups, etc for the manufacture of our TT. We are taking delivery on a 295rl this weekend and my wife found this forum a few months ago. The question keeps coming up for us, what exactly is a rally and why would I go?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you and your wife been enjoying the forum. And thank you for joining.

A rally, as you see it here and in Facebook as related to RVs is a sponsored, organized event centered around RVing. Sometimes the sponsor is manufacturer related, sometimes it is RV related (as in any brand/make of RV is invited). For example: FMCA would host rally for all their members regardless of RV type. A Winnebago sponsored event is intended for Winnebago owners.

Grand Design rallies are not sponsored by Grand Design. They are sponsored by individual owners. Grand Design provides some nominal funding and may donate merchandise in certain cases. I find this radically different than most manufactures in that most RV manufactures directly sponsor their rallies; some even have manufacturer's clubs that organize and host the rally for their company.

Either way rallies can be fun and expose you to others with the same model of RV and to others with like interests.

Rallies generally include manufacturer displays/sales, vendor displays/vendors and can include seminars related to RVing or travel or a host of other topics (solar, RV systems, accessories) - the list can be endless. Most of the time they include some form of entertainment, games, and food.

Consider this an introduction to rally information. Others here will join in.

Here are some links that may be helpful.....

FMCA - https://www.fmca.com/fmca-about-events

Passport America - https://passportamericacaravans.com

Grand Design Owners Rally - https://gdrv4life.granddesignrv.com/events/calendar
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rally is a gathering of RV Owners, the National GD rally includes all lines they produce. There are also regional rallies all over the country.

The big national GD owners rally at the County Fairgrounds in Elkhart. There are usually about 400 plus Rigs that attend.
    Things to do at rallies include seminars about taking care of various aspects of your rig, from the Refrigerators ,stoves, water system and everything in between. Just when you think you have learned all there is to learn about RVing the rallies will teach you even more! You get several meals included in the rally fee. Bring your stretchy pants!

Vendors who usually have rally discounts on what they sell.
    Then there are excursions to points of interest in the area ((those usually cost extra) You get to meet many other owners , share ideas and socialize and have fun doing it all. Then they feed you more..
    We have made some great friends attending the rallies. Everyone should go to the National rally atleast once.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, sounds interesting. Most of what I have learned about my current rig is simply trial-and-error. This sounds great.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated Rally's are great fun and a continued learning and education experience. We try to always attend the GD rally's here in Texas, great seminars with information on GD, maintenance, life saving / emergency procedures, new products, rig insurance information, FOOD, and sharing information, experience with your specific rig with other owners. Local dealerships also usually attend the rally's with new rigs for owners to walk through. The evening campfires with GD owners and factory representatives, enjoying little beers has been a real joy! IIRC we usually have somewhere around 200 GD rigs attend the Texas rally's. GD has repair rigs and technicians that attend these rally's to help owners with issues. Installers of after market systems like disc brake installations also attend these rally's.

We are also members of Escapee's RV Club and attend the Escapee's Texas Alamo Chapter rally's when we can. This is a mixed group, mostly retirees, of RV owners from large motor homes and 5th wheels to smaller travel trailers.

If your interested in attending a rally, I would suggest keeping tract of them on Facebook (seems to be the premier info outlet) and get your reservations in early as soon as registration for the rally opens up.

Yes, Welcome and Thank You joining a great group of people and we hope you have many miles of fun and adventure.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had reservations for our first ever Rally attendance earlier this month....the G.D. rally in Crossville, TN. We cancelled before the Rally was officially cancelled because of the Covid-19 situation. We are going to try and attend the G.D. National Rally in Indiana the first part of September if they don't cancel it too. As I said, we've never been to a Rally either, but they sure look like a ton of fun and we were sorely disappointed to have to miss our very first one....probably next year though.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @reviewcart , this is about RV rallies not motorsports
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/