User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem connecting my backup camera furrion S vision

Does anybody knows what could make me unable to connect my backup camera to the monitor even though it’s brand new out of the box? The power is there, i brought the monitor close to the camera, same ordeal... still, wouldn’t pair!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was done at the dealer. For mine to work i had to have my truck headlights on. May work for u.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did lit my headlights for testing but no result still! My dealer doesn’t seem to understand the problem because, they want me to bring the system for testing!!! I’m really sceptical...��

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, i couldnt help. Mine didnt work when the dealer and i did the walk through. But mine was the camera which had a lose wire. GD prides itself with great service and expect it from their dealers too. If you have covered all the electrical bases, then it seems they need to check it out and see whats up.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your advises, I will get to you to tell you how it was solved...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a Vision S, when the observation camera has power you will see a little blue led illuminated. If you have power, and no picture to the monitor, have you checked to make sure the camera is paired with the monitor? See the instructions on how to enter into setup and check the paired status. If there is no camera paired, and your camera has power, that would be your issue and you will need to follow the pairing instructions.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pairing process is pretty simple, hold the pairing button underneath the camera while the monitor is in pairing mode for 3 seconds or more, with has of choice, in my case, the fourth device available for pairing, the backup camera selected but, it fails to recongnize even though, I bring the monitor closer to the camera!!! And yes, the blue dot is there. On thing that bothers me, is the fact that, the box of the set I bought, had already being opened for demonstration purpose... the guy reassure me that, it’s was okay but, in the devices I could paired, there’s the side camera marker that had been paired before because of the little infinite sign beside it, on the monitor... But, I don’t have that camera in my set!!! I think I should just bring back the whole set, and having it replaced. The only things that bothers me with that, i have to do 50 miles to get to the dealership....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did not pair the initial time either at the dealer. Ended up being an issue with the tow vehicle wiring. To remedy the problem, they bypassed and direct wired to my battery for the time being. Jury rig fix.....

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martan View Post
    Thanks for your advises, I will get to you to tell you how it was solved...
    One more thing to ensure, even though not likely your problem because you "brought the monitor close to the camera, same ordeal", but be sure that the antennas on both the camera and the monitor are fully-vertical.

With confirmed power at the camera and the monitor plugged in and turned on, and with pairing between camera and monitor completed (if possible), and with antennas on both devices vertical, pretty much the only remaining possibility is the outside chance that you have strong local radio interference from something - you could try a different location.

Otherwise you likely have a defective product.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found out something interesting, i don’t use my truck on a daily basis so, even though it’s a 2019 Sierra, i found that the voltage delivered with only the accessories on, gives me only 11.89 volts at the camera receiver!!! With my truck running on idle, i had 12. something volts... I taught, it would be enough but, it wasn’t connecting still. I haven’t tried it on the road yet! Hopefully, when i will be on the road, the voltage given to the trailer, will be suffisiant to make the camera work!!! I tried the camera with an alternate source of power and placed the camera near the position where it should be, and it was working find...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast