Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XLS 23BHS...plumbing (kitchen sink) question

Good morning, this will be question 1 of 2 on the forum this morning

Two weekends ago, my wife and I took our new TT on its "maiden" voyage. Everything went great! We had a great breakfast one morning consisting of eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage.

Fast forward to this past weekend...on the last day of camping, we were washing dishes and noticed that the kitchen sink was hardly draining at all. I crawled into the cabinet under the sink and proceeded to remove two bolts that allowed the trap to disconnect from the drain (I took a bath too). I didn't notice any large plugs, so I reconnected the trap...ran the water...and....still plugged. I then asked my father in law (who is much smaller than me) to get in there and see what he could find.

There's a pipe (hose) under there than leads from the sink drain to a white basin with a clear top. He told me that white basin was pretty nasty (food debris, etc). He also said that there are wires running to that white basin, or so it looked to him. I proceeded to climb in there again to find a TON of food debris that I was able to clean out. I hooked everything back up and.................still plugged. So I knew what I had to do (yuck). I disconnected the hose once again and blew as hard as I could into the end and sure enough, there was my blockage. Long story short, my wife and I learned the hard way how small this hose was and to never wash any food down there again (it was mostly the hashbrowns we scrubbed off the pan after breakfast two weeks before).

My question lies with the white basin with the clear top. Does this component serve a purpose? What is the wiring for? Does anyone have any information or guidance here so I can better understand my TT plumbing?

TIA!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post a pic? I'm curious as to what you're seeing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentjosh View Post
    Good morning, this will be question 1 of 2 on the forum this morning

Two weekends ago, my wife and I took our new TT on its "maiden" voyage. Everything went great! We had a great breakfast one morning consisting of eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage.

Fast forward to this past weekend...on the last day of camping, we were washing dishes and noticed that the kitchen sink was hardly draining at all. I crawled into the cabinet under the sink and proceeded to remove two bolts that allowed the trap to disconnect from the drain (I took a bath too). I didn't notice any large plugs, so I reconnected the trap...ran the water...and....still plugged. I then asked my father in law (who is much smaller than me) to get in there and see what he could find.

There's a pipe (hose) under there than leads from the sink drain to a white basin with a clear top. He told me that white basin was pretty nasty (food debris, etc). He also said that there are wires running to that white basin, or so it looked to him. I proceeded to climb in there again to find a TON of food debris that I was able to clean out. I hooked everything back up and.................still plugged. So I knew what I had to do (yuck). I disconnected the hose once again and blew as hard as I could into the end and sure enough, there was my blockage. Long story short, my wife and I learned the hard way how small this hose was and to never wash any food down there again (it was mostly the hashbrowns we scrubbed off the pan after breakfast two weeks before).

My question lies with the white basin with the clear top. Does this component serve a purpose? What is the wiring for? Does anyone have any information or guidance here so I can better understand my TT plumbing?

TIA!
    The gray water tanks are fairly clear with wires for the sensors. Could that be it?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually found a post in another thread on this website from someone who was asking what that tank was....apparently it's a basin with a pump underneath? They said that there's a float in the basin and when it trips, the pump kicks on and the liquid is pumped into that galley grey tank. Does this sound right?

And I can't find that post again...there was pictures too...