User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How long does the virus live outdoors, in sunlight, in our current temperatures? I would not be worried AT ALL outdoors in a situation like that. If you are, you might want to spend more time at home.
    You do not need to give me a lecture, I'm aware of my situation and surroundings. I consider that a rude comment.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-28-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    You do not need to give me a lecture, I'm aware of my situation and surroundings. I consider that a rude comment.
    Sometimes the facts can be offensive when they don't fit with our ideas. You saw fit to lecture someone that was not putting you or anyone else in danger.

If you are a "high-risk" individual, you need to make the choice to keep yourself 100% safe if you desire.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the facts can be offensive when they don't fit with our ideas. You saw fit to lecture someone that was not putting you or anyone else in danger.

If you are a "high-risk" individual, you need to make the choice to keep yourself 100% safe if you desire.
    You are making an ASSumption the other person was not putting me at risk or even just being ignorant. I'll just consider this and you a waste of my time.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-28-2020 at 07:45 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    complaining about isolation and spending all that extra time with their spouse.
    I've heard a lot of this too at work. That's really sad to me, a lot of people can't stand being at home because of their spouse/kids. I just feel awful for them, both because of this situation, but also, man, how much must that suck on a day to day basis? I love being with my spouse and family (no kids, lots of pets). It's my favorite thing, honestly, to do with my time. I can't imagine thinking "Man, I can't wait to get back to pointless meetings all over the globe to get out of the house". That's just so sad to me.

This last weekend was tough with more people out in the parks and trails. I had words with one guy without a mask walking down the trail like he owned it, obviously not respecting or caring about others.
    Yeah, lots of trail activity, for sure. I don't wear a mask hiking, but when I see other people coming at me, I step way off the trail, both to avoid infections but also, I have 2 "social distancing experts" with me, my English Setters who just love to jump up on people, especially if those people are afraid of dogs. So I always move over in a head on situation to let others pass. People coming from behind me or approaching others from behind, I step off the trail to let them pass or, if I want to pass another group, I'll typically hang back until they take a break then pass, or, if they are moving really slow, I'll stop and let them get ahead of me for a bit and then rinse/repeat (unless they happen to be nice enough to notice me coming up behind them and step off the trail to let me pass).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What we say vs what we do..

How long does the virus live outdoors, in sunlight, in our current temperatures? I would not be worried AT ALL outdoors in a situation like that. If you are, you might want to spend more time at home.
    I would have to agree.

The whole point of masking up is to keep stuff IN not out.
    It helps to a very limited degree when someone coughs or sneezes OUT.
    The simple cloth masks 99% of people are wearing will not protect you from anything coming IN.

It’s also not necessary to wear a mask if you’re actually staying more than six feet apart.

If I’m hiking I’m not wearing a mask either.

But I do hike some wide, not heavily trafficked trails. I don’t hike through big congested public areas.
    If someone doesn’t like it they can move off the trail out of my way and wait for me to pass.
    Or they can stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read an article from Political Insider today that said Fauci backtracked his statement that we will get a second wave from CV19 in the fall. Says we may not get that second wave. He also admitted that wearing masks may not do anything at all. He described wearing them as more of a symbolic gesture.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I get yelled at (well, talked to sternly) all of the time by Vicki because I to am intolerant of rude people in the stores. Crowding in from of you, completely blocking isles..
    No way! You've seen people at stores blocking the isles as if they were the only people in the store??????? :-)

Very few things get me worked up but this is one of them! I just can't understand how clueless and out of touch a person has to be to block the store isles while staring at a box of cereal for 2 minutes. It's not because I'm impatient. It's because I can't comprehend how they can completely ignore the fact that other humans are in the same store with them. I'm the exact opposite. While shopping I spend all my time looking for nooks and crannies where I can move my cart and get out of everybody's else's way while I shop.

Sorry for taking this OT...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    ...people at stores blocking the isles as if they were the only people in the store... I just can't understand how clueless and out of touch a person has to be to block the store isles while staring at a box of cereal for 2 minutes. It's not because I'm impatient. It's because I can't comprehend how they can completely ignore the fact that other humans are in the same store with them. I'm the exact opposite. While shopping I spend all my time looking for nooks and crannies where I can move my cart and get out of everybody's else's way while I shop.
    I routinely push other people’s carts out of my way with mine and when that person is in my way I walk up quietly and say “excuse me” loud enough to startle them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    No way! You've seen people at stores blocking the isles as if they were the only people in the store??????? :-)

Very few things get me worked up but this is one of them! I just can't understand how clueless and out of touch a person has to be to block the store isles while staring at a box of cereal for 2 minutes. It's not because I'm impatient. It's because I can't comprehend how they can completely ignore the fact that other humans are in the same store with them. I'm the exact opposite. While shopping I spend all my time looking for nooks and crannies where I can move my cart and get out of everybody's else's way while I shop.

Sorry for taking this OT...
    Don’t you just love when they drop cardboard displays in the middle of aisles with products they’re trying to push? Makes a bottle neck so carts/shoppers can’t pass. What can they be thinking? Or maybe they aren’t.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing has changed for us, we manage and control and pick where we go and always have now and before covid. I have always controlled my space and would be first to yield to someone else on a trail just to be kind and courteous. I find my choice to be courteous is most times returned. We go to the movies every Sunday and will continue when they open back up. I never let a dumb person effect my day, if I did I would be yelling all day, just like comments on these forums I like to say "no worries" and move along. later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast