User Tag List

Thread: Dish satellite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dish satellite

My Dish King satellite works intermittently. I can connect from satellite to back of Wally and it works. I’m thinking I must have a loose cable somewhere in the coach. 2019 GD 337 Reflection.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean your Dish King satellite antenna? I doubt you have a cable long enough to reach one of the satellites...

Yes - poor quality coax, multiple (cheap) connectors, and lack of care with long runs inside the RV cause this situation quite frequently. On our 2016 Reflection 337, I installed my own coax connector in the slide floor underneath the entertainment center using quad shield coax for everything. (BTW, sometimes getting a good piece of quad shield for your outside run helps). On our new Solitude, I just cut the coax underneath the slide/entertainment center and put my own compression connector on the part running up to the receiver. Works fine.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 05-28-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same on my previous Keystone Laredo.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with my Carryout. I found some spare room in the cable sleeve under the slideout and installed a new cable to the cabinet in the entertainment center. Much shorter run of wire. Works fine now.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skijobe View Post
    My Dish King satellite works intermittently. I can connect from satellite to back of Wally and it works. I’m thinking I must have a loose cable somewhere in the coach. 2019 GD 337 Reflection.
    I had the same problem. I took off the connection plate where my box goes and attach the cable directly to it. This was after I put in a new plate. No problems since and that's been 2 years. Satellite connections do not like any splicing.
    Arnold Warnes
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to redo all of my coax for regular TV & satellite in my 2019 Solitude because it was not done correctly from the factory. It is sad the Grand Design does not have better quality control for the wiring & plumbing in their products. Yes I could have had it done under warranty but that would have taken 2 months at the dealer and it probably wouldn't have been the way I wanted it.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK