Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slideout awnings

With all the rain and oak trees where I store my Reflection 297RSTS I am thinking I would like to put awnings / toppers on the slideouts. Have any of you done this? This will be a DIY project. What kind of problems could I be looking at? How much wider than the actual slide should I go? Suggestions where I can get decent ones that don't cost a fortune?

Figured I should do something while I wait for my campgrounds to open again.

TIA

Jd
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmert View Post
    With all the rain and oak trees where I store my Reflection 297RSTS I am thinking I would like to put awnings / toppers on the slideouts. Have any of you done this? This will be a DIY project. What kind of problems could I be looking at? How much wider than the actual slide should I go? Suggestions where I can get decent ones that don't cost a fortune?

Figured I should do something while I wait for my campgrounds to open again.

TIA

Jd
    I have done the one over the living room slide. Very easy to do. Took me about 3 hours to install Lippert Solera. If you go to the Lippert site they tell you how to figure out the size with your slideout measurement. Get the model number for the size you need and do a Google search. Prices vary from time to time as to who has the best. I have the topper for the kitchen slide in the garage. That one will be a bit trickier to do because of the awning but I have seen pictures of another forum member who had it done and it can be done so it does not interfere with the awning.

It is a 2 person job when getting the awning into the trim piece on the trailer.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the Lippert Solera. Their website will show you how to measure. If there is a factory rain gutter over the slide you may already have the rail mounted which leaves only 2 brackets to mount on the slide room corners. You will need 2 people to mount it, but it is a very easy project.
    Travel Safe,

Mike, Rhonda & Reuben the dog
    '20 Reflection 303RLS
    '20 F-250
    '98 Mustang GT Convertible
    Some other unimportant stuff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I did both sides. Didn't have an extra person to help but with a couple ropes and a long scaffold I was able to do it by myself. The kitchen side was a little more challenging as I had to work around the existing awning which made being able to sling it conveniently was harder but not impossible. Worked out great