User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
    I have a 2018 Reflection 337RLS I just bought and have home. Trying to figure out the electrical system. For now I'm connected through my 50 amp cable to a Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X then a 50-30 amp converter to a 30 amp to 30 amp generator converter. I'm using a Briggs & Stratton 5500 Watt Storm Response portable generator. All my 120V circuits work but when I start the fireplace, even with all other breakers shut off my EMS shuts off power to the RV. It also happens when I try to turn on the water heater the same way. Does anybody have a clue as to what may be happening?
    edit: I got lost on the switch to the Champion generator
    Last edited by gbkims; 06-14-2020 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Lost track of Generator
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
    Thanks Steve, I just tried it. Using only the 30 amp, the EMS would not let the current through, showed E-1 (Reverse Polarity). When I added the Bonding Plug to the generator, the generator went into overload and shut down the circuit. Hmmm...
    LovingLife

Just to be clear, you are doing this test with the Champion generator? It is strange that you would get an E-1 Reverse Polarity error on the EMS. I believe those adapters are designed to put the 30 Amp line from shore power on one leg of the 50 amp cord and the 20 Amp on the other leg. This would give you have a maximum of 30 amps on one half of the breakers in the trailers electrical panel and 20 amp on the other half.

A couple of things to try:

1) Disconnect the 50 amp cord from the EMS and plug only the 30 amp plug of the adapter into the generator leaving the EMS attached to the adapter
    2) same as above but only plug the 20 amp into the generator and see if either of these give you the E-1 error.

If either of these give you the E-1 error, I suspect that the adapter is defective.

Steve
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    This one is dual-fuel (runs on either propane or gasoline), fairly quiet, inverter, and can be inexpensively bridged with a second one for run-anything-you-like-plus-the-neighbor's-too power. The Champions are popular and offer a lot for their price.

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-3400...0858593&sr=8-4
    I have one of these. Awesome little unit and dual fuel is very nice. I do have to use a bonding plug with it to prevent Error code on Progressive Industries HW50C hardwired EMS. But they work nicely together. 3400 is enough to run 1a/c and a few other items. My new Solitude will be rigged out with an onboard Onan 5500LP - but this Champion dual fuel is a very good solution. I’m keeping mine for other uses.

Oh - and I use a dedicated 30 amp cord with the Champion. No problems at all.
    Last edited by Grammy&Grandad; 06-17-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    I have one of these. Awesome little unit and dual fuel is very nice. I do have to use a bonding plug with it to prevent Error code on Progressive Industries HW50C hardwired EMS. But they work nicely together. 3400 is enough to run 1a/c and a few other items. My new Solitude will be rigged out with an onboard Onan 5500LP - but this Champion dual fuel is a very good solution. I’m keeping mine for other uses.

Oh - and I use a dedicated 30 amp cord with the Champion. No problems at all.
    The EMS checks for bonding, but most installed generators are bonded to the frame.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456