User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    Thank you. I've talked to several friends that are hot shots, and they run way over 20000 pounds was single rear wheel one t pickups
    With all due respect (if there is any) your "hotshot" friends are at a minimum...dangerous.....and I'm leaning more towards Stupid! Like previously posted, there are folks that do it and I usually classify them into one or more of three catagories.
    1. They simply do not know any better because they know nothing about towing capacities and towing dynamics.
    2. They do know that they are overloaded and are working on a solution to the issue....bigger truck....smaller trailer...whatever
    3. They do know and they just don't care enough to provide the proper towing vehicle for themselves, their family, and the people around them on the road while they are towing any where from a little overloaded.......all the way to OMG overloaded. Don't be one of those guys....your family will thank you, your camping neighbors will thank you, and most everyone on the forums will thank you for using good judgement and towing safely.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pick up the unit next Saturday.
    I'll see if or how bad a squat is.
    Looking at airbags already, just in case.
    The truck is in awesome condition, many new parts, and upgrades, plenty of power, and a Banks brake.
    Will look at different rims and tires, but I'll never be "legal" with this truck or really any, even a new dually.
    My v10 Dodge dually is only rated at 10k. Only 100 pounds more than my Ford F350 srw !
    I'm NOT going into debt for a new truck this close to retirement, nor spending savings, if I don't have to.
    Thanks for the positive comments.
    Your are 100% wrong there....the part about never being legal with a new Dually. I have a Momentum 394M (GVWR 20,000 lbs), just like the trailer you are getting. I'm am within spec on every single tow rating that there is.....GVWR, GCVWR, FAWR, RAWR, Payload rating, Tire Load capacity rating....everything. Mine isn't exactly brand new, but it is a 2016 F350 Dually with a payload capacity on the sticker of 5270 lbs. So yes, I'm within every single category. The rating that I am closest to is the payload, but I also have a toolbox in the bed of the truck and a 42 gallon aux. tank with a pump and filter. I've still got 300 or so pounds left on the payload capacity.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    So far, we've had no problems dragging a Montana 374fl around.
    I seriously doubt, we'll ever have it loaded to max weight.
    You won't have to load it to the max weight or GVWR if you will. You will still overload the truck when the new trailer is empty or close to being empty. Something to think about.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, I'm good.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in your very first post here, you said this.....

"Hoping I'm not over rating my truck with a 20,000 pound loaded trailer !!"

Well, we all told you that you are, and we all know that you will just hook up and tow it anyway.

Be safe...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Troll maybe?
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, no troll.
    Here's with the 374fl hooked up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, here's the thing. You use the current truck to tow, and someday you take a corner a little to fast, or whatever, and wipe out an oncoming vehicle. The family of the other driver hires a hotshot lawyer. He does just a little research and finds this thread where everybody told you, and you admitted, that it could be dangerous to tow the new trailer with older truck. Guess who is going to be in deep sheet?
    If you had planned on doing it anyway, you should never had put it in writing for anybody to see. can't claim ignorance now
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, no troll.
    Here's with the 374fl hooked up.
    That one is probably getting very close to, or more likely got you overloaded on your truck (payload, anyway). And there is a HUGE difference between a trailer that has a GVWR of 15,400 lbs (Your Montana) and a triple axle trailer with a GVWR of 20,000 lbs like the 376TH. The totally EMPTY 376TH pin weight will likely be as much or more than the fully loaded Montana....and the 376 is going to do nothing but increase in pin weight as your load it up with your stuff.

The bottom line is that it is your decision to ultimately make on what you use for a tow vehicle, but you've been given a LOT of good advice from quite a few very knowledgeable folks here that are simply trying to help you out with solid advice and to help keep you and yours safe by using the proper equipment.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be. I've never seen a unit with street side back door so I googled the floor plan. Pretty cool. The kitchen could be better.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast