User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -------------------------------Fr Axle, Rear Ax, Total , ---GVWR, ------Payload

176.2 SRW CrewCab -----3,755 -----2,326 -----6,081----- 9,900----- 3,815

This info I found in a chart will give you a "ballpark" of what you have. None of the above numbers are written in stone for YOUR truck....but should be fairly close. As you can see, the GVWR on that truck is around 10,000 lbs. For comparison sake, that is the GVWR of most modern day F250 trucks. Again, your truck will be severely overloaded with that trailer.
    Last edited by xrated; 05-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is everyone pulling a 376th with ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    So what is everyone pulling a 376th with ?
    I personally wouldn't be concerned with what other people are doing. Many people tow heavy trailers with F-250's and exceed their payload rating. If you don't care about exceeding your payload rating, use your current truck. If you don't want to exceed your payload rating, you absolutely need a DRW F-350 or F-450 for that 5th wheel.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I've talked to several friends that are hot shots, and they run way over 20000 pounds was single rear wheel one t pickups

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only sticker I found says a front GAWR at 5200 lbs, and a rear GAWR at 6830 ?
    OK, that's good, the rear GAWR at 6830 gives you a number to work with. What are the tires rated at that are on the truck now? Take that number, multiply be 2 (you have 2 tires) and then see which is lower. Whichever is lower is the number you should never exceed. If it's the tires, easy, get better tires. If it's the axle.. Well.. Not much in the way of good answers there. Now, take those numbers, hitch up, go to a CAT scale and see where you land. My guess is you're going to be over, but you don't know until you weigh it.

I towed a 351M with a 2019 F250 for a little while. It did it. Traded it for a DRW. It does it much better.

The question really, in my mind, is what are you trying to achieve here? Legal? Well, weigh it and find out, but I doubt you'll be "legal", you're gonna overload some rating. Safe? Well, drive slowly and be careful, make sure your tires are in a good shape, avoid terrible weather/difficult conditions. But you'll be safer in a DRW, let's not mince words here, they are just better at towing, and the difference is obvious the first time to hitch up to one.

BTW, your hotshot friends are doing some really stupid stuff. 20K on a SRW pickup truck? I can't see any way that's legal, and, for a commercial driver/for hire, that matters a LOT more than it does to a personal driver.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see a dually legal either.
    Were just gonna be an old couple lolly gaggin our way down Baja, on load range h tires.
    Staying out of debt, and could make my old truck a dually with some new parts, instead of a new truck.
    Dualky axle is cheap enough, as is the fenders.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see a dually legal either.
    Were just gonna be an old couple lolly gaggin our way down Baja, on load range h tires.
    Staying out of debt, and could make my old truck a dually with some new parts, instead of a new truck.
    Dualky axle is cheap enough, as is the fenders.
    I'd look at putting 19.5's on there first, not as good as a dually, but easier and provides a lot of carrying capacity on the tires/rims. Just note, you can't change the "legal" status, but you can absolutely make it better/safer. 19.5's and airbags would be a good place to start.

https://ricksontruckwheels.com/wheels-ford-srw.php

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pick up the unit next Saturday.
    I'll see if or how bad a squat is.
    Looking at airbags already, just in case.
    The truck is in awesome condition, many new parts, and upgrades, plenty of power, and a Banks brake.
    Will look at different rims and tires, but I'll never be "legal" with this truck or really any, even a new dually.
    My v10 Dodge dually is only rated at 10k. Only 100 pounds more than my Ford F350 srw !
    I'm NOT going into debt for a new truck this close to retirement, nor spending savings, if I don't have to.
    Thanks for the positive comments.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pick up the unit next Saturday.
    I'll see if or how bad a squat is.
    Looking at airbags already, just in case.
    The truck is in awesome condition, many new parts, and upgrades, plenty of power, and a Banks brake.
    Will look at different rims and tires, but I'll never be "legal" with this truck or really any, even a new dually.
    My v10 Dodge dually is only rated at 10k. Only 100 pounds more than my Ford F350 srw !
    I'm NOT going into debt for a new truck this close to retirement, nor spending savings, if I don't have to.
    Thanks for the positive comments.
    Good luck, I think you're being very reasonable about it and realistic about the situation. Airbags will fix the squat, 19.5's will give the tire (if you need it) carrying capacity. Nothing will give you the "legal" except for a new truck. The one thing, a new 350DRW/450 will legally carry the weight of a 376, properly equipped a 2020 450 can take close to 40K lbs and almost 8K on the pin! Man, those numbers are insane. Anyway, before I get to into the craziness of a new pickup truck being able to haul about 1/2 the load of a tractor trailer.. A new truck will do it, and be "legal" doing so. But it's not cheap, and I understand why you're doing what you're doing, just take it slow/easy, make sure you watch the tires like a hawk (TPMS for sure!) and see how she does with the weight.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    So far, we've had no problems dragging a Montana 374fl around.
    I seriously doubt, we'll ever have it loaded to max weight.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast