User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to GD 337rld

Hello. We traded in our Impression 5th wheel for a GD 337rls. It’s beautiful. Very classy and roomy. Who else has this one? It is a 2020 and will be picking it up on June 3rd. A little scary but we look forward to many years of fun and relaxation. Please share your experiences with this model. Love to hear from you. Thank you. Arlene

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I bought ours last fall and spent almost 6 months in it so far. I believe the 337RLS is the second most popular 5th wheel from Grand Design. I believe I read that the 303 is the most popular.

We had a couple of small issues so far. One drawer face in the bedroom split while in Arizona. Since arriving back in Washington the crack is now harder to see. Looks like the wood wasn't cured properly before the cabinet was built. The top drawer in the kitchen island didn't latch. The clip on the drawer front was placed to low so I had to move it up a little. Our vent in the kitchen stopped opening. It started working again on its own. I think the switch is faulty. Part of the trim in the dinning room slide out popped off. The finish brads used are really small and the trim just pull through the brads. A little gorilla glue took care of that. All minor stuff and easy to fix.

We hope to head out late August to see our kids in Colorado and Virginia. Heck, we're not really going to see the kids, we want to see our grandkids. :-)

Safe travels and enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Are you really traveling. Thanks for the info and insight. Enjoy you kids-kids. Lol. And keep staying safe

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    My wife and I bought ours last fall and spent almost 6 months in it so far. I believe the 337RLS is the second most popular 5th wheel from Grand Design. I believe I read that the 303 is the most popular.

We had a couple of small issues so far. One drawer face in the bedroom split while in Arizona. Since arriving back in Washington the crack is now harder to see. Looks like the wood wasn't cured properly before the cabinet was built. The top drawer in the kitchen island didn't latch. The clip on the drawer front was placed to low so I had to move it up a little. Our vent in the kitchen stopped opening. It started working again on its own. I think the switch is faulty. Part of the trim in the dinning room slide out popped off. The finish brads used are really small and the trim just pull through the brads. A little gorilla glue took care of that. All minor stuff and easy to fix.

We hope to head out late August to see our kids in Colorado and Virginia. Heck, we're not really going to see the kids, we want to see our grandkids. :-)

Safe travels and enjoy.

The connections on the switches for the vents are good for getting dirty. Clean it up and you will be good to go for awhile.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arlenebaum61 View Post
    Hello. We traded in our Impression 5th wheel for a GD 337rls. It’s beautiful. Very classy and roomy. Who else has this one? It is a 2020 and will be picking it up on June 3rd. A little scary but we look forward to many years of fun and relaxation. Please share your experiences with this model. Love to hear from you. Thank you. Arlene
    I am sure you will love the 337. We bought a 2020 337 last fall and live in it full time. For the two of us there is lots of room and storage. We went from a 2008 Heartland Sundance to the GD 337 which is a better built trailer. The old Heartland did not have much insulation and the wind would literally blow through the trailer around all the seals. The 337 is tight and well constructed. Are there things that people don’t like about the 337? Of course there are. It looks like you are new to this forum so you might want to use the search function and start searching for your trailer. Remember that this is a forum where people discuss problems. Don’t let what you find scare you. Just because someone has a problem does not indicate that everyone has the problem. I read about the problems that others report so I know what to look out for on my trailer.

When you pick up your trailer spend the time to look at every part of the trailer in detail, PDI. My wife and myself spent 4 hours going over things, 8 hours of labor. I took the outside and she took the inside. Check everything. The dealer has an incentive to correct problems on the spot. Once you sign the papers and give them the money service may be much slower. Search this forum for PDI and you will find lots of reading. Make sure you check all the seals, caulking on the outside and the roof. These trailers are sealed at the factory but as they bounce down the road to the dealer seals can open up. We found only a few minor peoblems with our trailer during the PDI.

Over all we are very happy with or 337.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel