User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Adding Backup Camera to Solitude 369RL

I was just wondering if anybody else has added an aftermarket wireless backup camera to their Solitude. I have tried finding some info but have not been real successful. Any input would be appreciated.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Samfox
    Quote Originally Posted by dchrist1733 View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody else has added an aftermarket wireless backup camera to their Solitude. I have tried finding some info but have not been real successful. Any input would be appreciated.
    I just looked at a 2015 369RL that is pre-wired for a futron??? wireless back up camera, mount was there in the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found the Furrion to be garbage from the one I owned briefly. The only way for me to catch the signal from the camera to the monitor, I had to be in the garage of my camper (about 7 feet) from the unit to get it connected.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Garmin RV760 GPS which has provisions for a wireless back-up camera . . . but, only their own camera, of course !
    They recognize that the transmission distance from the back of the RV is going to be too far for reliable transmission.
    So, they sell a 50 ft camera extension cable. The "wireless" transmitter is located inside the forward storage compartment (where wiring it to power is easy BTW) but the camera at the back has to be hard wired to this transmitter at the front . . . that is the difficult part.
    I would like the camera to be up high, but right now it is at bumper level with the wiring going under the trailer. This still works pretty well.
    The only camera available from Garmin is intended for backing up, so it has a wide angle lens and does not see too far back.
    I keep it powered up whenever we are towing, so I can switch between navigation and camera if I want to know who is tailgating back there.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debby--your posting asked about a B/U camera in a Solitude but this may be of value. Below is a copy of a response I submitted several weeks ago to Tucson Jim on another thread. Let me know if you want pics and I will find them and get them to you. Our camera is mounted at top center just below the center red marker lamp.

"We have a dealer installed wireless camera with the optional 9" monitor from Tadi Brothers in CA and it works well. http://www.tadibrothers.com/ I think I have some pictures as another Reflection Owner wanted pics a few months ago......let me know if you want them too and I will look for them, Jim."

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Debby--your posting asked about a B/U camera in a Solitude but this may be of value. Below is a copy of a response I submitted several weeks ago to Tucson Jim on another thread. Let me know if you want pics and I will find them and get them to you. Our camera is mounted at top center just below the center red marker lamp.

"We have a dealer installed wireless camera with the optional 9" monitor from Tadi Brothers in CA and it works well. http://www.tadibrothers.com/ I think I have some pictures as another Reflection Owner wanted pics a few months ago......let me know if you want them too and I will look for them, Jim."

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What make and model is you camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one added, not the furion one. Let me double check the brand and I'll get back to you.
    Paul & Uma
    2017 Solitude 369RL-R
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW CC 4x4
    B&W Companion
    2 Pups and their humans :cool: