User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recliner lights

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    That is going to be my plan. I don’t want to live at the disco.
    I like that.

Even with effort I can't imagine that if Lippert / Thomas Payne / Grand Design stopped putting those awful blue disco lights in their recliners they would suffer tons of complaints about it. Hard to imagine that the lights help sell recliners / trailers either.

Fifty years too late and fifty miles past tacky. Give 'em up fer gawd's sake.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look great! I ordered a pair of the low profile!
    Thank you Tigger1!!! Can't wait for them to come in
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I ordered some remote switches to install for mine. However now I'm not sure how to actually get access to the plugs. Is there an easy way to 'remove' any parts of this sofa to get access to the plugs behind?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    My wife got a set of these off Facebook from a Grand Design owner's forum. They just arrived and we put them on. I can't say how well they work but they seem like they should do the trick. What my wife got might be what Offtohavasu shared, but since I don't have facebook his link doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife saw them on a GD FB page a few months back. I just asked her to check the link from offtohavasu and it references the same Etsy link.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought remote controlled plugs from Amazon and a short two plug extension at Home Depot. Total cost around $20

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTex56 View Post
    I bought remote controlled plugs from Amazon and a short two plug extension at Home Depot. Total cost around $20
    How did you install them? I can't get back behind the sofa, do the backs pull off or something? I just don't want to damage it...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakKnight View Post
    How did you install them? I can't get back behind the sofa, do the backs pull off or something? I just don't want to damage it...
    I used a "gripper"...had it to pick things up in tight quarters. I think I bought it at Home Depot. Pretty easy to get the recliner plugs unplugged. Was able to put the new plug configuration together, except for the final plug into the outlet. Used the gripper to get it started and the was able to reach behind the recliner from the side enough to be able to get it pushed in. It was a little bit of a squeeze, but not too bad.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTex56 View Post
    I used a "gripper"...had it to pick things up in tight quarters. I think I bought it at Home Depot. Pretty easy to get the recliner plugs unplugged. Was able to put the new plug configuration together, except for the final plug into the outlet. Used the gripper to get it started and the was able to reach behind the recliner from the side enough to be able to get it pushed in. It was a little bit of a squeeze, but not too bad.
    Hmm may have one kicking around. That seems odd though, one of my power adapters is already nearly falling out (not a big deal if you could reach it!), seems like you'd have to get access anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    I have a 303 that has lights in the arms as part of the switches that turn on the chair warmer, vibrator, and mood lights. They are nice to have but they are so sensitive that they activate to easily. The manual says there is a master switch that turns them off to avoid accidentally turning them on but I can’t find it. Anybody know where it is?
    Here is how I solved that problem.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast