User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been mountain biking on and off since I was 16. I just got back into it heavy about 3 years ago.

I currently have a Yeti SB130LR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210620_155236.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	38508

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bikes everyone. I’m an old dirtbike guy that still races the odd harescramble on a KTM 300XC. I took up mtn biking to train for racing dirt bikes but I’ve done more mtn biking than dirtbiking the last 2 years. I started out with a YT Jeffsey and moved into a 21 Specialized Turbo Levo. I’m so pumped on the new 22 turbo levo mullet that I bought one each for my wife and I.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I as well raced motocross for many years and started mountain biking as a way to train for moto. I actually got to the point where I sold my dirtbikes and just mountain bike now. It's just way more convenient as I have at least 5 trails within an hours drive. For motocross I have to drive a minimum for 2 hours to the nearest track. I still love motocross and will buy bikes again in the future it's just so tiring having to burn an entire day for 45 minutes on the bike.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ncept View Post
    I as well raced motocross for many years and started mountain biking as a way to train for moto. I actually got to the point where I sold my dirtbikes and just mountain bike now. It's just way more convenient as I have at least 5 trails within an hours drive. For motocross I have to drive a minimum for 2 hours to the nearest track. I still love motocross and will buy bikes again in the future it's just so tiring having to burn an entire day for 45 minutes on the bike.
    Right there with you c0ncept. I still have 4 dirtbikes though. We have single track dirtbike and mountain bike downhill trails 2-1/2 hrs away in the same area where we go on weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    Canadian born and raised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife actually got me a new MX bike for Christmas. Family running gag, I've asked for a 1992 CR125 or whatever is the new hotness since Christmas 1991.

I got 8 peices of titanium for Hanukkah too. I prefer the Honda.

Broke my collarbone on my vintage bike (86 KX125) at a birthday party on November 20th.

Funny part is two weeks previously I was riding at Chad Reed 's track, he passed me like I was in reverse, but I didn't hurt myself.

1st gear on a 125, boom. New shoulder.

For my birthday (yesterday) I got graphics that mimic the 92 CR.Attachment 38515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211224_005159.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	38517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220113_235202_428.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	38516

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been mountain biking since 97. Worked at a shop through high school and into college. Current ride is a giant anthem. It hasn't been ridden since August when the front end came out from under me and I went down so fast that my left shoulder and upper arm took the entire fall along with my helmet. No broken bones thankfully but one hell of a welt on my elbow and a dislocated shoulder. I have a new helmet waiting with the bike, and my cyclocross bike is sitting on my wahoo kickr getting ridden every day that I'm home. I plan on starting to get outside again as soon as the weather is decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been watching this thread for a while. My wife and I got entry level mountain bikes late summer, I'm just getting back into it after road biking back BF( Before Kids) well, to be modest, a few years ago...like George Bush was president.....the first. Now, really enjoying the trails. Bought a 320G with the intent of trucking the bikes in the garage. Before the 320G, we had gone to Moab back in June 17' and literally rained/snowed/rained every day from Ohio to Utah. Yes, even was raining in Moab. We had a travel trailer so bikes were in the bed of the truck. Basically had to replace every cable on 4 bikes sans the brakes from exposure, even though tarped the whole time. Question is, how do you carry your bikes, obviously many here have significant investments (Yeti) in their rides, so how do you keep them secured while travelling. We took the Thule bars off the bed rails of the truck, added mounting feey and strap down the bars in the garage tiedowns. Use bike mounts and kayak mounts just like if they were on the bed rail. Anyone doing something similar or better?
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been watching this thread for a while. My wife and I got entry level mountain bikes late summer, I'm just getting back into it after road biking back BF( Before Kids) well, to be modest, a few years ago...like George Bush was president.....the first. Now, really enjoying the trails. Bought a 320G with the intent of trucking the bikes in the garage. Before the 320G, we had gone to Moab back in June 17' and literally rained/snowed/rained every day from Ohio to Utah. Yes, even was raining in Moab. We had a travel trailer so bikes were in the bed of the truck. Basically had to replace every cable on 4 bikes sans the brakes from exposure, even though tarped the whole time. Question is, how do you carry your bikes, obviously many here have significant investments (Yeti) in their rides, so how do you keep them secured while travelling. We took the Thule bars off the bed rails of the truck, added mounting feey and strap down the bars in the garage tiedowns. Use bike mounts and kayak mounts just like if they were on the bed rail. Anyone doing something similar or better? Open to new ideas.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good idea MooManChu. A picture would help with the visualization. I have built many brackets etc for my dirtbike trailer and my toyhauler over the years. Build, tweak, perfect!
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    Canadian born and raised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Original AJ View Post
    Sounds like a good idea MooManChu. A picture would help with the visualization. I have built many brackets etc for my dirtbike trailer and my toyhauler over the years. Build, tweak, perfect!
    I'll check my phone. Trailer is indoor storage locked down till Spring. We original built a PVC kayak rack that had threaded feet for disassembly. My wife said we should market it! Than tweaked the setup with our bed rail rack. Figured I have about $1,000 in 5 bike frame mounts, Kayak racks and rails, so why not use it since the bed is out of the equation for the 5ver hitch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast