User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Biking anyone??

My son and I are very much into mountain biking these days. I have been riding seriously for the past 6-7 years and my 14 year old son has just recently gained an interest in the actual mountain biking side of bikes. He is also very into BMX bikes and dirt jumping for some adrenaline thrill haha. I feel that there are few other ways to see such a vast array of landscapes in a short'ish amount of time than on a mountain bike.

Currently I ride a Santa Cruz Bronson C and my son is on a GT Aggressor Pro HT (mountain bike) along with his BMX bike and the dirt jumper bike haha. I swear, the kid has everything

Probably my favorite place to ride is in the Lake Tahoe area around Carson City, NV. Such an amazing network of trails, and the maintenance done by the local clubs TAMBA, Muscle Powered, and others is nothing short of spectacular. If you're ever in the area, I highly advise taking a spin on some of the trails.

Stay safe!!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH
    Pulled via 2010 Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a pretty serious mountain biker myself. I have a Specialized Stumpjumper Pro Carbon. My latest passion is the downhill bike park at Mt Bachelor here in central Oregon. I actually enjoy it more than downhill skiing which has been a lifelong passion for me. The only downside is the season is short. About three months max. I trail ride the rest of the year.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I'm a pretty serious mountain biker myself. I have a Specialized Stumpjumper Pro Carbon. My latest passion is the downhill bike park at Mt Bachelor here in central Oregon. I actually enjoy it more than downhill skiing which has been a lifelong passion for me. The only downside is the season is short. About three months max. I trail ride the rest of the year.
    That's awesome. I really want to hit some of the downhill bike parks. I love mountain biking in general, but my passion on the bike is going fast downhill with jumps and flowy berms. It's unlike any feeling. Probably goes back to my younger days of motocross racing haha. My family and I love Oregon and have talked about making a trip up to the central area around Bend and that area. It really isn't too far of a jaunt for us.
    Last edited by kevinseipp; 05-28-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3170BH
    Pulled via 2010 Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Road Bicycle - sorry I don't own a MTN Bike. Still ride and race dirt bikes

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to to a ton of mountain biking. 3 kids and their sports have kept me from doing much these days, but my oldest loves it and we get out once in a while. I'm sure it doesn't hold a candle to mountainous areas, but if you are looking for a trip, northern Wisconsin has a ton of single track trails.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been mountain biking for over 25 years and still get out 2-3 times a week. In fact COVID has allowed me to ride more than ever despite the 3 kids (since almost all their activities have been cancelled). I started on a fully rigid Giant, then a full squish K2 (junk), and then a Santa Cruz Blur LT. I am now riding an Ibis Ripmo Carbon. I currently ride around central Texas (Flat Rock Ranch being a local favorite), but used to live in Colorado Springs. Did lift service downhill at Keystone and a couple long weekends to Moab, UT.

I recently bought a Jack-It tongue rack to transport my bike around when we go camping. My bike and my older son's goes on the Jack-it, the younger kids bikes go on the ladder rack. I use a cable lock while driving since I don't leave it alone...when we are camped (stationary) I lock it to the trailer frame with a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit (https://www.kryptonitelock.com/conte...l?type=bicycle)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to mt biking. Came over from road biking and love if so far. I ride a 2020 giant Trance x. I look forward to our May trip to Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon etc. I plan on bringing both my mt bike and cervelo road bike to enjoy I’m the various places we camp during this trip

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, MTB on a Santa Cruz Hightower or a Specialized Stumpy. Dirt biking on a DRZ400. Also have a BMW GSA. And I'm either going to bring all 3 on trips or buy a RZR in the future. I've done Black Bear on the DRZ, can't wait to try it on a RZR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been riding MTBs off and on for 25+ years.

Had a bunch of bikes, got divorced and only kept one, a 2002 TREK 4500.

2020, I lost 90 pounds after getting my back fixed and some other issues taken care of (got hurt bad in a helicopter crash in 2003, but when I hit 40, it started affecting me bad)

A lot of that was I wasn't going to work (Airlines) and I just rode every day. 15 or 24 mile loop depending on how much I want to deal with people.

Of course, 2020 being 2020/21, could not find a new bike (XXL frame size) that wasn't either crap or 8k+.. Nothing in the mid range.

So I took my 2002 Trek, and the frame, seat post and handlebar/stem are the only original parts left.

New speed tuned hubs, Gravity wheels, tubeless tires
    SRAM Level TL disc brakes.
    Xfusion ENIX fork

It's a decent semi modern hardtail other than having 26" tires.

26x2.25 just clears the chainstays.

Still running 3x8 drive, because I have not found a 1x11/12/13 I like that I would not be spending $100 a month in chains/cassetes on. I ride 400-500 miles a month, 80% off road. 8 speed chains and cassettes are way cheaper. I ride through salt marshes, so spendy chains just get trashed.

The SpeedTuned hubs were bought because they are sealed bearings.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I haul a 30 year old Bianchi Denali, and a 1982 Merlin with C-record gruppo. The Merlin mostly stays home and I ride the Bianchi when out
    and about. Used to ride a lot of off road, but slowed down when I moved away from my regular area.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast