User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight rating of rear bumper on 2018 Solitude 310 GK-R

I'm interested in possibly purchasing a cricket golf cart and hauling it around on a Mighty hauler carrier designed for these types of mini carts. Is it possible that I can achieve this on my 310 GK?
    2017 2500HD Silverado
    2018 310 GK-R Solitude

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEVER mount ANYTHING on an RV bumper. RV bumpers are made for one purpose - to carry the sewer hose. That's all the weight they can carry. There have been too many instances of things breaking and being dragged down the road or being hit by whoever is following. Remove the bumper and have a good welder fabricate a receiver or a carrier for you. It's the only safe way.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 05-28-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If his trailer potentially has the 2 inch trailer hit receiver attached to the frame like ours does, would that possibly change the answer any? I am not totally familiar with his model of trailer but I know ours has one and I have been considering one of those hitch bike racks on the back.

Mike

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramafic View Post
    If his trailer potentially has the 2 inch trailer hit receiver attached to the frame like ours does, would that possibly change the answer any? I am not totally familiar with his model of trailer but I know ours has one and I have been considering one of those hitch bike racks on the back.

Mike
    I don't believe the units that have bumpers have hitch receivers on them (and vise versa - those that have hitch receivers don't have bumpers). If he had a factory receiver, yes, it would change things. The weight rating on those is 300 lbs. The rating for yours should be on it. Be sure and get an RV-rated bike rack like the Swagman - many others can't take the G-forces back there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way a golf cart sounds pretty heavy and with the width of one that would seem like a lot of stress even on a 2 inch receiver. I have been trying to come up with a use for our receiver, we are not allowed to tow doubles in our jurisdiction and would not want to either way in case I had to reverse out of somewhere.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak to the earlier models specifically, so maybe maybe not. The 2020 310GK rear hitch is rated and wired for towing use of 3000lbs with a max tongue weight of 300lbs.
    I've not done it and may never do it, but it's nice to know I COULD tow my cargo trailer with my Harley in it if I had to.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 310GK is an '18 also...bumper-no receiver. I think receivers are on the '19's & up. I use the bumper as a first step to the ladder, as Rob said, put nothing on the bumper.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Following up on your suggestion, I spoke to a Trailer and hitch representative yesterday, and he doesn't suggest welding a hitch assembly to the frame. The company he represents said the weight and volume of shock loads to the main beams may cause a misalignment in the slide outs. Have you heard of this?
    2017 2500HD Silverado
    2018 310 GK-R Solitude