User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2150 RB Slide - no way to get back in?

So, my new, yet to be used trailer slide wouldn't go back in. Heard the electric try to kick in, then nothing. Look in book, and its no help, not relevant to my model. Dealer gave me a crank, but no hole to insert on this model. Called GD, who essentially said, ask Lippert (OMG). Controller box is in bath cabinet, hard to get to, but the question is: what if I was book docking and had no battery, how would I get the slide back in. GD could not answer. What is the crank handle for? HATE the thought of in a forest and no way to get it back in. Shore power is new 30 amp service, why is it failing? Waited 30 minutes then it went back in, but this is downright scary to think the teamed with lippert and neither have an answer for this

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyK View Post
    So, my new, yet to be used trailer slide wouldn't go back in. Heard the electric try to kick in, then nothing. Look in book, and its no help, not relevant to my model. Dealer gave me a crank, but no hole to insert on this model. Called GD, who essentially said, ask Lippert (OMG). Controller box is in bath cabinet, hard to get to, but the question is: what if I was book docking and had no battery, how would I get the slide back in. GD could not answer. What is the crank handle for? HATE the thought of in a forest and no way to get it back in. Shore power is new 30 amp service, why is it failing? Waited 30 minutes then it went back in, but this is downright scary to think the teamed with lippert and neither have an answer for this
    Are you sure the crank the dealer gave you was for the slide and not the stabilizers? Looking at the 2150 RB on GD website, I see that the slide is a Schwintek slide and they do not have a manual crank.

If you are boondocking and your camper battery is too low, or dead, you can use jumper cables from your tow vehicle to charge up the camper battery.
    Last edited by Unlimitedmatt; 05-28-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a motor failure, last resort is disengage motors.
    Schwintek RV Slide Out Manual Override https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86EEFDC4-20FF-4B14-AE24-5F798895F09A.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	26806

I made this little sign and attached it to the wall next to the controllers in my unit. I found this a couple years ago on this forum but cannot find where it is now. You carry a small jumper wire and follow the instructions. This will allow you to put the slides in or out as needed as an override.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 05-28-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Here is what I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86EEFDC4-20FF-4B14-AE24-5F798895F09A.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	26806

I made this little sign and attached it to the wall next to the controllers in my unit. I found this a couple years ago on this forum but cannot find where it is now. You carry a small jumper wire and follow the instructions. This will allow you to put the slides in or out as needed as an override.
    Thank you so much for this. Now I know why our controller is mounted on the cupboard wall upside down!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All 3 solutions I have taken note of. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB