User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" ceiling problem resolved by Granddesign "

Last December 2019 I wrote in this forum of a ceiling problem I was having and it consisted of bubbles on the ceiling of our 2016 reflection rls 303 around the A/C vent.At that time GD denied any warranty because of "lack of maintence" of sealant on the roof.Not wanting any more problems or leaks, I took our unit to a rv dealer I had dealt with previous that I knew was reliable.In the mean time I went ahead and purchased a new interior ceiling panel,thur our dealer. When the rv repair technicians took out the air conditioner they found that " the roof membrane was cut too short and was not covered by the A/C gasket " ,they took a couple of pictures showing the problem and I posted them here.The dealer patched the area and resealed everything they thought necessary.I also sent the pictures to the dealer where we bought the unit and to a number of people at Granddesign.
    In march 2020 ,Sheena Park ,the warranty admin. of Outdoor Travel in Hamilton Ontario Canada contacted me with the "good news" Granddesign had contacted her and said to get our reflection in their dealership and put a entire new rubber roof on our reflection and all new roof accessories .The technicians at Outdoor Travel did an amazing job replacing the new roof .Sheena Park never gave up from dec 2019 to mar 2020 on my behalf.
    Beside that ,Granddesign also paid for the cost of the ceiling panel and installation and the price of the roof repair that was done previously .
    Well , I have picked up our reflection and everything Granddesign promised was replaced like new,Granddesign really went all out on their promise of customer satisfaction .

Thank you Granddesign and Outdoor Travel,

Brian H.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian - @grumpypapa - thanks, for sharing another good story where GDRV comes through again. Yes, at times there are some hurdles but GDRV has a pretty darn good track record of making things happen when appropriate. Sounds like Sheena did an wonderful job at staying after it.

Good to hear you're "back in the saddle" again !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember your post, So glad that GD stood up and repaired your unit and paid for the first repair. It made no sense at the time that they would not cover something that they caused.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my ceiling fixed 4 times, the vinyl covering rolls up and comes loose and now it’s cracked. This is really getting old. Has anyone else had ceiling issues????

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Carpenter View Post
    I have had my ceiling fixed 4 times, the vinyl covering rolls up and comes loose and now it’s cracked. This is really getting old. Has anyone else had ceiling issues????
    How is it being repaired? A full replacement laminated panel, or it the repair being done as just a recovering with the self-adhesive facing?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer claimed to have replaced some of the tiles but it happened again with the tiles they supposedly replaced I’ve called Grand Design and the last time they told me out of a goodwill gesture they would fix it I can’t seem to get anything done it’s the same problem over and over again. Mine is a 2016 it has been in the shop for times for the same problem and they can’t seem to get it right

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Carpenter View Post
    The dealer claimed to have replaced some of the tiles but it happened again with the tiles they supposedly replaced I’ve called Grand Design and the last time they told me out of a goodwill gesture they would fix it I can’t seem to get anything done it’s the same problem over and over again. Mine is a 2016 it has been in the shop for times for the same problem and they can’t seem to get it right
    Perhaps you can post some pictures and the collective knowledge here might be able to help. Speculating, if it is reoccurring after purportedly being properly repaired, perhaps there is an environmental factor in play in interior temperature or humidity swings.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    Last December 2019 I wrote in this forum of a ceiling problem I was having and it consisted of bubbles on the ceiling of our 2016 reflection rls 303 around the A/C vent.At that time GD denied any warranty because of "lack of maintence" of sealant on the roof.Not wanting any more problems or leaks, I took our unit to a rv dealer I had dealt with previous that I knew was reliable.In the mean time I went ahead and purchased a new interior ceiling panel,thur our dealer. When the rv repair technicians took out the air conditioner they found that " the roof membrane was cut too short and was not covered by the A/C gasket " ,they took a couple of pictures showing the problem and I posted them here.The dealer patched the area and resealed everything they thought necessary.I also sent the pictures to the dealer where we bought the unit and to a number of people at Granddesign.
    In march 2020 ,Sheena Park ,the warranty admin. of Outdoor Travel in Hamilton Ontario Canada contacted me with the "good news" Granddesign had contacted her and said to get our reflection in their dealership and put a entire new rubber roof on our reflection and all new roof accessories .The technicians at Outdoor Travel did an amazing job replacing the new roof .Sheena Park never gave up from dec 2019 to mar 2020 on my behalf.
    Beside that ,Granddesign also paid for the cost of the ceiling panel and installation and the price of the roof repair that was done previously .
    Well , I have picked up our reflection and everything Granddesign promised was replaced like new,Granddesign really went all out on their promise of customer satisfaction .

Thank you Granddesign and Outdoor Travel,

Brian H.
    So, after having a leak due to a completely shoddy roof installation you say "thanks" to GD? Too bad they don't go "all out" to make sure they are building their products properly. There sure are a lot of problems popping up with GD units aren't there?
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold