User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any issues with weight of replacement mattress since we have to lift it to gain access to our storage. Is a 100lb mattress to much?
    Welcome all thoughts

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post
    Any issues with weight of replacement mattress since we have to lift it to gain access to our storage. Is a 100lb mattress to much?
    Welcome all thoughts
    Depending on the mattress, you may be able to relocate the struts to get more push or you may need to replace with heavier models. Easy either way.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats an awesome idea.. Thanks Much Rob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post
    Welcome all thoughts
    I replaced the awful oem mattress with one from my house. It was 12-14” thick and probably 100+ lbs. Had to reinforce the plywood platform and replace the struts with stronger ones to be able to open the under bed compartment. Bed was comfortable but just too big and heavy. Definitely difficult to raise even with strong struts. Eventually put it back in the house and got a 9” memory foam mattress in a box that weighs less than 40 lbs. Went back to the original struts. So much easier to access and more space in the room and it is plenty comfortable to sleep on. Just fyi.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I replaced the awful oem mattress with one from my house. It was 12-14” thick and probably 100+ lbs. Had to reinforce the plywood platform and replace the struts with stronger ones to be able to open the under bed compartment. Bed was comfortable but just too big and heavy. Definitely difficult to raise even with strong struts. Eventually put it back in the house and got a 9” memory foam mattress in a box that weighs less than 40 lbs. Went back to the original struts. So much easier to access and more space in the room and it is plenty comfortable to sleep on. Just fyi.
    A lot of us find the tilt up storage cumbersome regardless. A very nice mod is to put drawers in the bed base. Of course this depends on your configuration, but I've done this mod to N-S and E-W facing beds alike. Just another idea.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12