Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Worries

Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post
    I am planning on installing a wall mount TV in the bedroom of our 337rls, and in searching for the best brand to use I discovered that a typical household unit may not be the best choice as the TV should be able to handle vibration and tempature extreems. I have a locking wall mount bracket. Wondering if there are any brand recommendations, or if it really matters.
    I put a wall mount in our dinette. It was the cheapest one of its size that I could find and it has survived -35 C to + 36 C and travelled over 10 000 km with no issues. I am just careful to warm the trailer before turning on the TVs but, other than that, no special treatment. Good luck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TCL that came with my 2020 Reflection 311BHS is horrible. Anyone know what size Samsung fits and what mounting bracket is installed in the living room so I can order more bolts and spacers. I want to change it out over the winter. We put in small Vizio's in both bedrooms. All 3 won't play the high resolution iTunes streaming via an Apple TV using airplay from my computer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had an old first edition flat screen TV, (not the whole tv, just the screen) and a cheap $49 DVD player that we set on it's side next to the TV in our old travel trailer for more than 18 years and it gets over 110 here in the summer and we never had issues with either one. Like livinthelife above said, TV's are cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go with a lg 65 inch oled

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metalvelo View Post
    Add to what others have already said. Replaced the TCL in our living room for a 4k Samsung and Blu-Ray player. No problems what so ever. I upgraded the mount to at the time of install but that was primarily because the original couldn't be tilted down and the tv is mounted pretty high. Awesome upgrades as we love our family movie nights.
    Would you mind sharing which mount you used and what size TV? I'm interested in doing something similar with our 230RL's TV mount.
    Thanks!
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about buying Samsung appliances but not TV's. When I was looking for a new freezer I called a reputable appliance repair shop and they said don't buy Samsung appliances because you can't get parts to fix them. Stick with the old standby's LG, Maytag, GE. However, I've owned nothing but Samsung TV's the last 15 years and only replaced one not because it broken it was because I wanted a flat screen with new technology.
    Case24

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New TV's are being put in my 376th, since someone stole all 3 at the dealer.
    My front is going to be a Samsung smart, and whatever is standard from GD, in the other 2 spots.
    Dealer says a 50 inch will fit !!??

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    New TV's are being put in my 376th, since someone stole all 3 at the dealer.
    Does anyone know what main door locks GD is using now? I know that with the old ones it was very easy to get a master key, and the dealers never lock the dead bolt.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read an article that says unless you are going to be in extreme heat or cold, no problem to installing a regular tv. Vibration etc. not an issue. I have a regular tv in my bedroom of an 297rsts and I have not experienced any issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123