User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    I have the opposite problem, the bedroom is on fire, kitchen is just right, bunks a little cooler but not bad, and the bathroom is freezing. There's no heat going to the bathroom. Haven't had time to look into it but I may try experimenting by partially blocking the bedroom vent.
    I have the same TT and the same issue. The problem seems to be that the furnace is under the kitchen and blows directly into the bedroom, while the bathroom gets ducted all the way under the belly and is uninsulated so the air is not really warm. There's also a vent in the shoe compartment by the door, but that is reduced to 2" for some reason. If you remove the converter panel, it's all behind there.

Since it's warmer now, I'm not too concerned about it, but when it cools down I may remove that reducer for the shoe compartment to warm up the bunk area, and install some louvered vents in the bedroom to force more air to the bathroom. Installing an insulated duct is a possibility too but I'm not sure I want to go back under the belly just yet!
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azink007 View Post
    I have the same TT and the same issue. The problem seems to be that the furnace is under the kitchen and blows directly into the bedroom, while the bathroom gets ducted all the way under the belly and is uninsulated so the air is not really warm. There's also a vent in the shoe compartment by the door, but that is reduced to 2" for some reason. If you remove the converter panel, it's all behind there.

Since it's warmer now, I'm not too concerned about it, but when it cools down I may remove that reducer for the shoe compartment to warm up the bunk area, and install some louvered vents in the bedroom to force more air to the bathroom. Installing an insulated duct is a possibility too but I'm not sure I want to go back under the belly just yet!
    Good to know I’m not alone lol. Thanks for the info, I’m probably going to do the same and see if that makes a difference. I may even put a reducer in the duct to the bedroom to try and even out the heat.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up our 2021 23BHE Wednesday. Last night it got cold, 37 degrees. Keeping the master door closed, it was freezing and the furnace ran constantly. I read this thread in the weeks prior to pickup our trailer. So I had already installed the louvre in the bathroom. It is not enough.

The airflow at the master is not much and the temp is not much more than 75 degrees. Bath is so hot, I'd swear the louvre vent might melt.

If it is a duct that is loose as some of the other threads have suggested, please let me know how to check on this model.

What is going on here? Whole reason we bought a 23BHE and not a 21BHE is because we wanted a separate room as a master. And even keeping the door open, wasn't enough. I'm not going to get a separate space heater just out of principal.

I suspect this thread we be revived as it starts to get colder out there, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Just picked up our 2021 23BHE Wednesday. Last night it got cold, 37 degrees. Keeping the master door closed, it was freezing and the furnace ran constantly. I read this thread in the weeks prior to pickup our trailer. So I had already installed the louvre in the bathroom. It is not enough.

The airflow at the master is not much and the temp is not much more than 75 degrees. Bath is so hot, I'd swear the louvre vent might melt.

If it is a duct that is loose as some of the other threads have suggested, please let me know how to check on this model.

What is going on here? Whole reason we bought a 23BHE and not a 21BHE is because we wanted a separate room as a master. And even keeping the door open, wasn't enough. I'm not going to get a separate space heater just out of principal.

I suspect this thread we be revived as it starts to get colder out there, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Over the summer I took a look underneath the trailer at all the ducts on our 2020 23BHE if any were loose and not secured. All is good. We went out last weekend and the bathroom felt like a sauna and the master bedroom was less than 75 degrees with very little air flow in the air duct in the bedroom. I'm taking it in for some warranty work and I'll mention about this with the dealer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't getting much heat from the vents on my 2019 21BHE right after we bought it. Took the panel off under the fridge and found this mangled panel on the back of the furnace. All of the heat was dumping out under the fridge. Took the panel off and reworked it so it was straight. No idea how they did that when building the trailer and their quality inspectors missed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2973_1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	30375 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2980_1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	30374
    Last edited by 29roadster; 10-25-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it help? I'm in the same boat, bathroom is hotter than hell's kitchen, bedroom cold as ice, as you can barely tell the heat is even ON at the bedroom vent. I have a 2020 23bhe.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Louvre didn't help for me and I don't think we need to check under fridge in 23bhe.maybe under bunks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to Grand Design today and they told me I would need to bring it to a dealer. My dealer is an hour and a half away. I also asked if every vent coming from the furnace is 4". However that I just learned is not the case.

I think the problem is the master bedroom ductwork is only 2" in size. Why they would take the longest run and reduce it in half makes no sense. The longer the run, typically the greater the diameter ductwork. There are only two possible reasons they might have done this.

A) the Master with the door closed could be considered slightly smaller, though certainly not half of the living room.
    B) and maybe a greater reason, there is very little space in the area of that wall. In fact there is another 2" line that runs close to this hole in the wall.

See below pictures.

Name:	small vent.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	30417

Name:	4inch vent vs 2 inch.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	30418
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 2" duct only has 1/4 the cross section area of a 4" duct so your airflow is really reduced. The longer run make it even worse.
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been beating my head with this issue for a week on our 2020 23BHE.
    It's 25 degrees here in Kansas tonight and the furnace barely keeps the camper above 60 inside. The bathroom is a nice 80-85 degrees though.

Planning on calling the dealer tomorrow but here is what I've found in my troubleshooting and research.

At first, I though it was a bad high temp limit switch, but later found out that wasn't the case.

The furnace chamber temperature reaches 200 degrees and the high temp limit switch cuts propane (as designed), then re ignites once chamber temps reduce.
    This is not supposed to happen as chamber temps should stay below 200 degrees during operation. The high temp limit switch is a safety mechanism, not a regulator.

The limit switch is killing the propane before the vent under the bench and the bedroom can come up to an effective temperature.
    The bathroom vent peaks at 195 degrees
    Bench vent peaks at 125 degrees
    Bedroom vent barely breaks 100 degrees

There are three things that can cause this. Low fan voltage, return intake temps are too high, or poor air flow across the heat exchanger.

My voltage is good and the fan sounds "normal" so I'm pretty convinced GD has a bad furnace ducting design that needs fixed.

I'll let everyone know what I find from the dealer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast