User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat distribution in Imagine 23bhe.

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone else is having trouble with the way the heat distributes around their rig? When we turn on our heater (the thermostat is in the bedroom), the bathroom vent seems to put out 75% of the heat. The vent under the kitchen table bench puts out some, but maybe less than half of the heat of the bathroom vent. And the bedroom vent is barely warm air. The result is that the Kidd’s bunks, the kitchen, and especially the bathroom get hot long before the heat reaches the room where the thermostat is. Also, we have to prop the bathroom door open when using the heater or it will turn into a sauna in there and none of the heat will make it to the thermostat. Is something wrong, or is this just a bad ducting design? Also, there are no flaps or adjustments on any of the vents, so I can’t close the bathroom vent to move air further down the line.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticJ View Post
    Hey everyone, just curious if anyone else is having trouble with the way the heat distributes around their rig? When we turn on our heater (the thermostat is in the bedroom), the bathroom vent seems to put out 75% of the heat. The vent under the kitchen table bench puts out some, but maybe less than half of the heat of the bathroom vent. And the bedroom vent is barely warm air. The result is that the Kidd’s bunks, the kitchen, and especially the bathroom get hot long before the heat reaches the room where the thermostat is. Also, we have to prop the bathroom door open when using the heater or it will turn into a sauna in there and none of the heat will make it to the thermostat. Is something wrong, or is this just a bad ducting design? Also, there are no flaps or adjustments on any of the vents, so I can’t close the bathroom vent to move air further down the line.
    You might want to check that all your ducts are attached securely and none are crimped, twisted, or otherwise constricted. After that, search here for threads re: replacing duct covers with those that have louvres. I believe there are links to the actual products purchased and instructions on how folks installed them.

I wish most of our heat went to the bathroom. Unfortunately, our furnace is located closer to bedroom and thermostat, farther from the bathroom.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Houndbb, I was thinking about vents with louvres also, but I wasn’t sure about the minimum airflow required by the fan. For instance, if I closed the louvre in the bathroom in order to force the air further from the furnace, would that create too much resistance and burn out the fan?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Houndbb, I was thinking about vents with louvres also, but I wasn’t sure about the minimum airflow required by the fan. For instance, if I closed the louvre in the bathroom in order to force the air further from the furnace, would that create too much resistance and burn out the fan?
    I think there is enough flow to other areas (especially the duct to the underbelly) that it won’t increase temperature at the unit.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same issue in our 23bhe. Bathroom on fire rest of the camper not so much. I have been looking for a way to fix as well.

Sent from my OP7 Pro using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the stock furnace outlet with one of these in the bedroom and bathroom. Works great and installation was simple.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095TEPI0..._XND0EbS9CRRYV
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having that exact same issues on our 2020 23BHE. I thought maybe the are ducts were not attached securely and letting out majority of the heat through the under belly of the rig. Looks like its a poor design in the air flow or it isn't just enough air being pushed through the length of the trailer. I hope Grand Design realizes there's a flaw on this particular issue since we are all experiencing the exact same issue.
    Last edited by IROCQUE; 06-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the opposite problem, the bedroom is on fire, kitchen is just right, bunks a little cooler but not bad, and the bathroom is freezing. There's no heat going to the bathroom. Haven't had time to look into it but I may try experimenting by partially blocking the bedroom vent.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same issue on our 2021 BHE. Thought it was just me. Anyone but the louvered replacement covers and have any luck?
    Famtraveler24
    2019 Ford Expedition Platinum
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22MLE. Heater and thermostat are in the rear, bed in the front. The problem we have, is there are 4 output ports from the heater. One goes to the kitchen (inches long), one to the bathroom (maybe 2' long). One goes into the belly for heating the tanks. The last, is a smaller diameter hose - and goes the full length of the trailer to the side of the bed base. There is so little airflow there by the time it gets there, that we just feel cool air when it does come out. Had it looked at by the dealership thinking it was a piece of ducting that came loose. Nope, just a design flaw. Replace the kitchen and bathroom with louvered covers, but that didn't really help either. Two things we do now - one, is not to pull the bedroom drape on cold nights, and the second is a small (quiet) space heater on the dinette facing the bedroom.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast