Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Can I ask one more question, and I only ask because I have heard of this happening, but do you think the tire shop lifted your trailer buy the middle of the axle and ultimately bent it the other way? IE, they put a floor jack in the middle of the trailer and lifted one axle at a time? Makes me wonder if there is really two issues going on. IE, it started with the camber and then after the tire repair, a bent axle. Just a thought...
Actually, I changed that tire myself
- on the side of the interstate. Luckily, I had purchased one of those “tire buddy” ramp things that you pull the camper up onto, in order to lift the other tire. Swapped on the spare; took the blown tire to the tire store the next day and had it replaced. I then swapped the original wheel/new tire back onto the camper myself when we got back home from the trip. I used a floor jack, positioned under the u-bolts.

Thanks for the link. I’ll probably start with my dealership on Monday morning - they’ve always been great to work with. I looked at my paperwork - appears Lippert offers a 6 year manufacturer warranty on the axles. And the extended warranty also covers them. So hopefully this won’t be a major ordeal.

One word of caution to anyone reading this: the lug nuts on the wheels take a different socket than the lug nuts on the spare. I’m a “prepared” kind of person, so I had the tire buddy, and had put a breaker bar and socket in the camper in case I ever had a blowout. But I had only packed a 3/4” socket because that’s what fit the wheels. Imagine my surprise to discover that the lugs on the spare are 7/8”... Luckily, I had a good pair of Knipex pliars that would get a good bit on the spare tire lugs.
I went out and bought a pack of 3/4” lugs and replaced the ones on the spare so they all match now. Kinda makes you scratch your head on who decided to use two different sizes... [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk