User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out with the old...

It was actually a good bit easier than I expected. Everything came loose easily and swinging the axles out from under the camper on a floor jack worked really well.
    Now I’m just waiting on the new ones to arrive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1339.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	27548
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	27549

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 2250RK and my GVWR is 6995 according to my factory weigh sheet and the sticker. When I went to the CAT scales and weighed my TT load my tongue weight was 900 lbs and axle weight was 5980 lbs for a total of 6880. I was shocked.... So I weighed my contents and came up with a total of 777 lbs. I can't figure out where 400 to 500 pounds of my cargo capacity went. I guess my next step is to completely unload my TT and weigh it completely empty at the CAT scales and see what the total is (That will be a pain, the closest CAT scale is 60 miles away.) I know I am very accurate with the weight of my contents......

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal_S View Post
    I have a 2020 2250RK and my GVWR is 6995 according to my factory weigh sheet and the sticker. When I went to the CAT scales and weighed my TT load my tongue weight was 900 lbs and axle weight was 5980 lbs for a total of 6880. I was shocked.... So I weighed my contents and came up with a total of 777 lbs. I can't figure out where 400 to 500 pounds of my cargo capacity went. I guess my next step is to completely unload my TT and weigh it completely empty at the CAT scales and see what the total is (That will be a pain, the closest CAT scale is 60 miles away.) I know I am very accurate with the weight of my contents......
    Did you include the weight of any/all water? Both fresh and waste water in the tanks count against your cargo carrying capacity.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Did you include the weight of any/all water? Both fresh and waste water in the tanks count against your cargo carrying capacity.

Chris
    I included 15 gallons of water between all water tanks including the water heater and full propane tanks. I can see plus or minus 100 lbs. but this is about 400 lbs. off. This is what my factory weight information sheet says for my 2020 2250RKS:
    GVWR 6995
    GAWR 3500 per axle
    GAWR 7000 all axles
    UVW 5684
    Hitch Weight 632
    Left Side 2602
    Right Side 2450

This is all very strange..... Now I see that the 2021 specs changed to a GVWR of 7495. My unit had a Sept. 2019 build date. I wander if my unit should have a GVWR of 7495....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I included 15 gallons of water between all water tanks including the water heater and full propane tanks. I can see plus or minus 100 lbs. but this is about 400 lbs. off. This is what my factory weight information sheet says for my 2020 2250RKS:
    GVWR 6995
    GAWR 3500 per axle
    GAWR 7000 all axles
    UVW 5684
    Hitch Weight 632
    Left Side 2602
    Right Side 2450

This is all very strange..... Now I see that the 2021 specs changed to a GVWR of 7495. My unit had a Sept. 2019 build date. I wander if my unit should have a GVWR of 7495....
    What method did you use for obtaining your tongue weight? Was is the method where you make three passes over the scale, one with just the truck, one with the trailer hitched but with the WD bars not engaged, one final pass with WD bars engaged? There is a website that you enter all three sets of weights and it tells you your real tongue weight. From my Internet research on this topic, the WD hitch will transfer some of the tongue weight onto the trailer axles, and this method accounts for that.

I'm not sure if 15 gal is enough of an estimate for water and propane, since the water heater holds almost half of that at 6 gal, but like you said plus or minus 100 pounds is understandable.
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GVWR 6995
    GAWR 3500 per axle
    GAWR 7000 all axles
    UVW 5684
    Hitch Weight 632
    Left Side 2602
    Right Side 2450

I think the 6995 GVWR is hinkey. My 2019 is the same. But it makes no sense to me that GVWR is less than GAWR. The trailer frame is rated at either 12,000 or 14,000 lbs, so the axles (and springs) are the limiting component. I thought GVWR was something a little larger than GAWR to account for hitch capacity. I've wonder if the original design had something like 3200 lb axles and the GVWR just never got changed. 7495 makes sense.

That said, there is not much excess capacity with this trailer. I weighed in at 6780 lbs fully loaded and road ready (fully charged plumbing and 25 gallons in the fresh tank.) That was about 300 lbs more then I expected. I completely disconnected the trailer from the truck and weighed it on a single scale, so I don't know tongue weight. I figure the extra weight comes from the propane tanks, battery, water in the system, and dealer installed options.

I had a bad axle. When it got replaced I upgraded. I am now sporting 4400 lb Dexter axles. I've got headroom.
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve & Sheryl

This is what I came up. I guess I will have to completely empty the trailer and take it to the CAT scales just to give me a peace of mind. I always check the clearance between the top of the tires and trailer. With the factory setup my clearance is approx 3.75 inches. You said you went to the 4400 lb axles. Did you have to change the hubs to the 6 bolt, new rims and tires and get a higher rated springs too?

Interior contents weight is 258 lbs.
    Front Pass thru compartment contents weight is 219 lbs.
    Tongue storage items weight is 167 lbs.
    (2 batteries, bike carrier 40 lbs propane fuel & hitch hardware)
    6 gallons of water in hot water heater 50 lbs.
    Approximately 10 gallons of water between black and grey tanks* 83 lbs.
    Empty Fresh water Tank 00 lbs.

Total contents including water and fuel is 777 lbs

The hitch weight is 900 lbs. CAT scales and verified by my Sherline tongue weight scale
    All axle weight is 5980 lbs. CAT scales
    My gross trailer weight is 6880 lbs. CAT scales

*After I dumped and flushed the black tank, I keep aprox. 5 gallons in the black tank with some happy camper. I put about three gallons in the kitchen grey tank with some happy camper also. I the other grey tank is empty with nothing added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a complete new set up. GD agreed the bad axle was warranty. Then agreed to do the whole upgrade. New axles, springs, hubs and wheels. The 4400# has a dampened equalizer between the springs too. The whole ride is better. Sorry the trailer isn't here at the moment. When I get to it I'll see if any new drilling had to be done, but I don't think so. Subjectively the trailer seems about 2 inches taller.

Steve
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345