User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    If moving battery (s) to inside next to the stock spot for converter, can I just leave the 6 gauge hooked up to power front compartment and add a short run of 4 gauge from 2nd terminals on PD converter?
    Yes, reuse the Black+ from the front compartment.
    Since the PD converter has 2 Pos & Neg lugs, reuse the Black+, White- and add the 4 Awg + & - wires to the new converter.

I am trying to visualize how wires are run. My existing stock wires on converter are black and white. Disappear under floor.

The Black+ and White- from the stock converter run to the Power Distribution Panel's DC connection lugs.
    Another Black+ on the DC connection lug runs to the front compartment. It's connected to an auto reset CB and also to the passthru disconnect switch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BK+ & WH- Wires from Stock Converter.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	29170

Up front I see red black 6 gauge coming through wall to shutoff?, then to busbar/cb?

Front compartment Battery Red+ runs to small copper bus bar, thru a CB then to passthru disconnect switch, from disconnect switch back into front compartment as Black+ to auto reset CB & Black+ to Power Distribution Panel.

Is front compartment busbar getting it's power from converter? Or battery that connects in stock configuration?

Both the battery and the converter.
    The front compartment bus bar will still need +12V coming from the Power Distribution Panel.
    You can reuse the Black+ wire that's already running to the Power Distribution Panel. Move it over to where front battery used to connect.

I just want to take my BB soon to be BB'S from front to behind basement wall next to new PD converter.....

Keep rereading posts on that aha moment has not clicked yet. Getting all my solar parts coming in, so big reason to move batteries.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gbkims; 09-01-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will have to reread a few times and tear into it. Power sure loops around a lot!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will have to reread a few times and tear into it. Power sure loops around a lot!
    Jim,

Couple of diagrams a bit like what you might have now and what might look like after moving lithium to passthru.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FW OEM Wiring 2CB, 4CB.pdf   FW Wiring 4CB w BB, PD9160ALV.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Jim,

Couple of diagrams a bit like what you might have now and what might look like after moving lithium to passthru.
    Here is a pic currently.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200903_125426.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	29231
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a pic currently.
    Used your pic to update the as is wiring.
    That's as close I figure from your photo.
    Also used beaumark's labeled photo:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post264950
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FW Wiring 5CB, Inverter - Jim 337RLS.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used your pic to update the as is wiring.
    That's as close I figure from your photo.
    Also used beaumark's labeled photo:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post264950
    Looks great Gene. Do you think moving batteries and using the positive and negative (2nd set) on the PD is the way to go, leaving all other wiring the same? Will power still get to the front?

Thanks
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think moving batteries and using the positive and negative (2nd set) on the PD is the way to go, leaving all other wiring the same? Will power still get to the front?

Thanks
    Yes, I've have done so with a PD9170ALV.

I'd just mark the end of the Black 6 Awg that runs back to the AC-DC panel with Red electrical tape. It will become the +12V supply for the copper busbar in the front compartment.
    Remove the Red wire that's runs from the battery to the copper busbar and the Red wire on the 1st CB that runs to the passthru disconnect switch.
    Remove the 1st CB. Loosen up the remaining 3 CBs and shift the copper busbar to the right and connect the CB that's at the far right on the end of the busbar.
    The far right CB looks to go to the bedroom slide controller. So move it's wire to the bottom post of the CB.
    Last, move the marked Black 6 Awg wire that's from the AC-DC panel to the front compartment copper busbar so it powers the 4 CBs.

I've got some diagrams already and edit them to give you some ideas on how to do your project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FW Wiring 4CB, 2 BB, PD9160ALV, MPPT - 2020-9-04 Jim.pdf   2018 337RLS Basement & Passthru - 9-04.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've have done so with a PD9170ALV.

I'd just mark the end of the Black 6 Awg that runs back to the AC-DC panel with Red electrical tape. It will become the +12V supply for the copper busbar in the front compartment.
    Remove the Red wire that's runs from the battery to the copper busbar and the Red wire on the 1st CB that runs to the passthru disconnect switch.
    Remove the 1st CB. Loosen up the remaining 3 CBs and shift the copper busbar to the right and connect the CB that's at the far right on the end of the busbar.
    The far right CB looks to go to the bedroom slide controller. So move it's wire to the bottom post of the CB.
    Last, move the marked Black 6 Awg wire that's from the AC-DC panel to the front compartment copper busbar so it powers the 4 CBs.

I've got some diagrams already and edit them to give you some ideas on how to do your project.
    Worked like a champ. Thanks. I do have 1 unused cb on far left now....just leave it be?

Thanks for your patience and great advise.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200917_181102.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	29600

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200917_182749_01.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	29601
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked like a champ. Thanks. I do have 1 unused cb on far left now....just leave it be?

Thanks for your patience and great advise.]
    Good deal Jim

Yes you can just leave the extra CB.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick follow up. Decided to plug inverter directly into side of rv to power entire rig. Fridge on propane made the fans behind kick on and off a lot. Waterpump turned on. About a half hour of TV using surround sound, 2 tower fans running about 9 hours, some lights and the convection microwave for around 15 minutes (that really pulled down the watt hours! Lol).....

Started at 11:30 am went out at 7 am next morning and was down to about 6 amp hours!

Seems when nothing is really running, the soc gauge shows around 5 amps being drawn.....radio, circuit boards and propane monitors......

Next time when trying to conserve I will only power what I need at night via the other 2 outlets on the inverter and unplug the rv itself.

The PD converter is putting out 57 amps so far....using shore power. Nice to know the hard work pays off. Next will be 700 to 800 watts of panels! Yayyyy
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast