User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Do you have lights? Furnace? These would be DC......
    I do not Jim.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    The converter supplies 12 V DC towards the batteries.. If the batteries are disconnected, how is the power getting to the rest of the RV?
    I had it before without the batteries on my old converter.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update, I installed the lithiums and victron shunt and still no lights, heat, refrigerator and bedroom slide control. I checked the fuse panel and noticed a blinking red light near the fuse for the over head lights label. I changed the 15 amp fuse (it was blown) and am now able to run all inside lights, furnace, roof fans and refrigerator. Still do not have bedroom slide, water pump and outside awning lights. There are no other blinking red lights at the fuse panel.
    I was not able to test the water heater because the trailer is already winterized.
    In addition, as I was monitoring the app for the Victron shunt, I did not see any indication the converter was charging the batteries. They started at 13.64 and I stopped when they were at 13.24.

Question is, could this be a bad converter or do I need to chase the rest of the fuses?

I know this is a lot to absorb but any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Tim
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am stumped. The only thing that comes to mind (not sure if it matters), is when I did mine I ran a positive and negative directly to the batteries that I moved from the front compartment to under the steps. The other positive and negative went up front to the fuses.....

What I am getting at, wonder if it matters which positive and negative you use coming out of the converter?

Been a year so just thinking out loud.....keep us posted.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    I am stumped. The only thing that comes to mind (not sure if it matters), is when I did mine I ran a positive and negative directly to the batteries that I moved from the front compartment to under the steps. The other positive and negative went up front to the fuses.....

What I am getting at, wonder if it matters which positive and negative you use coming out of the converter?

Been a year so just thinking out loud.....keep us posted.
    That's two of us that are stumped on this. Should have been an easy job just swapping out the old with the new. There was only one positive and one negative, I assume running to the batteries, on the old one. I just unplugged the old converter, removed those two wires, and installed them on the new one. Thanks for chiming in Jim! Hopefully someone has an "Aha" solution for me.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issue fixed! For those that need to know what not to do, "REVERSE POLARITY". I attached the black wire to the negative and the white to the positive (works for batteries.) Three 25 amp and three 15 amp fuses later I figured it out. I was able to get everything back on line except for the main awning and its lights. I will figure this out later.
    Yes I called myself out!
    Thanks everyone for chiming in and hope others can learn from my mistake.

Tim
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The colouring of wires in RV's is made to confuse people. On a DC system black should always be negative. Positive can be red or white.
    On my previous 5th wheel, the battery wires were both red. The DC panel was red and white. Ridiculous.
    Glad you got it sorted SilentService, I'm assuming you located the reverse polarity fuses on the converter?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    The colouring of wires in RV's is made to confuse people. On a DC system black should always be negative. Positive can be red or white.
    On my previous 5th wheel, the battery wires were both red. The DC panel was red and white. Ridiculous.
    Glad you got it sorted SilentService, I'm assuming you located the reverse polarity fuses on the converter?
    I did and thanks for the reply. I got lucky and just blew some fuses. Still trying to locate the fuse for the one awning and awning led lights. I pulled out the control panel and could not locate it but will try again later when I have more time. Other than that, love the 600amps of lithiums I installed! Next project will be 800-1200 watt solar system.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the price of lithium batteries coming down this is a question that is going to come up again and again.

I have a 2018 303 and am moving the lithium batteries in the pass through because it's heated.

I have changed out the converter to the Progressive Dynamic and have all the original wiring in place. Next I am going to add wires from the converter directly to the batteries. They are close and it would be easy.'

There aren't any reports back to this topic from someone who has just added the extra wires without making some changes to the original wiring. It seeks like it should be fine and work well.
    2018 303RLS (Window in closet slide, full size pantry, 16" rims, small fridge)
    2017 RAM 2500HD CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 w/Cummins
    B&W Companion Manual Slider for RAM puck system.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Losthillsguy View Post
    With the price of lithium batteries coming down this is a question that is going to come up again and again.

I have a 2018 303 and am moving the lithium batteries in the pass through because it's heated.

I have changed out the converter to the Progressive Dynamic and have all the original wiring in place. Next I am going to add wires from the converter directly to the batteries. They are close and it would be easy.'

There aren't any reports back to this topic from someone who has just added the extra wires without making some changes to the original wiring. It seeks like it should be fine and work well.
    I am not clear on what you mean by adding wire. If you mean adding wire to the wire rhat is already there..... The concern is that it may make the wire too long. Voltage drop may be too much. There are charts for wire size/lengthes/ voltage/amps...The problem is it is next too impossible to determine just how long your current wires are without removing them.

OTH, I think that the concern over battery temps are exagerated. I installed my 8 Battle Borns in the generator compartment. I do camp in cold weather often. That compartment does run warmer than the outside temp, and if it ever gets too cold, I have the battery heaters if needed.
    Keep mind that the concern is charging them, not so much using them. If it is cold enough to cause a problem, the generator will be needed anyways.
    Last edited by huntindog; 02-01-2022 at 04:01 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast