Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21' 22 MLE WD/Sway control hitch Question

Hi Everyone,

Thank-you all for your replies on my prior posts. This forum has been really helpful.

I have a couple of questions for 22 MLE owners relating to your Wd/sway control hitches.

(1) What is the distance from the center tongue of ball hitch to front and back of propane tanks? (i forgot to measure on model)
    (2) Is the propane tank bottom bracket welded on frame or is it movable?
    (3) What did you all purchase for your Wd/sway control hitches, and are you happy with it.

Im thinking of purchasing the Husky Ceneterline Ts hitch, as I like the all in one unit, reviews, and Videos of it in action. you can easily back up with bars engaged. My concern is the frame brackets can mount between 28 1/2" to 30 1/2" from the center of tongue ball, it looks like the propane tanks are right in that area, or pretty close to it.

Any input would be Appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hitch.jpg  

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2020 22MLE the propane bracket is bolted on, see photo. Distance from center of hitch coupler to front of bracket is about 18” and about 28” to rear of bracket.

I don’t have any experience with the Husky. I originally had an Equalizer 4-point WDH that worked as advertised but got too heavy to lift. I have been using an Andersen for several years now. A little under 60# for the entire set up, quiet, easy on/off, no problem backing up, easy to adjust.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6254BA0-DA14-4018-B4D8-7A4F7A9F6BAB.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	26844
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrio22 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thank-you all for your replies on my prior posts. This forum has been really helpful.

I have a couple of questions for 22 MLE owners relating to your Wd/sway control hitches.

(1) What is the distance from the center tongue of ball hitch to front and back of propane tanks? (i forgot to measure on model)
    (2) Is the propane tank bottom bracket welded on frame or is it movable?
    (3) What did you all purchase for your Wd/sway control hitches, and are you happy with it.

Im thinking of purchasing the Husky Ceneterline Ts hitch, as I like the all in one unit, reviews, and Videos of it in action. you can easily back up with bars engaged. My concern is the frame brackets can mount between 28 1/2" to 30 1/2" from the center of tongue ball, it looks like the propane tanks are right in that area, or pretty close to it.

Any input would be Appreciated!
    I can let you know next week. We finally got the call to pick up our 22mle and I also purchase the Husky from the dealer which they will be setting it up for me.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tigger 1, this helps alot, looks like it should work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully your dealer does a better job with hitch setup. On the way home I heard a lot of noise coming from the new Equalizer hitch that the dealer installed. After investigating, I found one bar was an inch higher than the other side. An easy fix, but one that I am glad I caught.
    Adam, Jackie, Sheba and Penny the Cats
    2018 Silverado 1500 Z71
    2020 Imagine 22 MLE