User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water spraying from shower vacuum breaker

We haven't used our new 303RLS yet, so in the process of checking all systems before our first trip in two days, I found water spraying from the vacuum breaker that the shower head hose is attached too. It only spays out when the shower faucet is turned on. Does anyone know if that means it is faulty or is there a potential fix for it. Service shops closed, so I need help.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboat View Post
    We haven't used our new 303RLS yet, so in the process of checking all systems before our first trip in two days, I found water spraying from the vacuum breaker that the shower head hose is attached too. It only spays out when the shower faucet is turned on. Does anyone know if that means it is faulty or is there a potential fix for it. Service shops closed, so I need help.
    I've never looked behind the shower controls so I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe that the shower hose should be attached to a vacuum breaker.

It's common for there to be a vacuum breaker back there, but it's for the black flush system rather than for the shower. It's part of the supply to the black flush sprayer which starts with the inlet on the Nautilus panel outside, rises up to the vacuum breaker, and then drops back down to connect to the nozzle in the black tank. It's purpose is to prevent any bacteria-laden water from getting back out to the Nautilus panel and the water hose attached to it.

Is there a chance that the factory so-buggered the plumbing installation that they connected one of the shower lines to the black flush vacuum break instead?

If so, I hope the description helps you reconfigure it. If I'm wrong, sorry and good luck figuring it out.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, boyscout, but it is a Dura Classic Shower faucet with the vacuum breaker a part of the faucet specifically for connecting the shower head hose to it. I looked it up on the Dura website and it is connected properly.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're faucet is faulty. If you are handy, all you need to do is give GD customer service a call, explain the problem, and they'll get you a new faucet shipped out. If I remember your floorplan, you have a curved front shower with the faucet mounted where the surround "flattens out" what would have been a 90-degree corner and is mounted to a plastic plate with 4 screws. If my memory is right, you just need to cut the caulk around that plate, remove the screws, and then pull forward and will have plenty of room to unscrew the connections, remove and replace the faucet, reattach the connections, and put back together with a fresh bead of silicone.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response, geotex1. The problem is solved. Turns out that after sitting for several month, the rubber grommet in the vacuum breaker was sticky and resolved itself with turning the water off and on several times. I learned this thanks to a helpful service guy who called me back on Saturday. And your memory about our floorplan is good. You described it exactly.